Packers and Rodgers Agree to New Deal

10 minutes ago, theguru said:

Wow, I wonder if there will be enough $$$ leftover to surround Rodgers with a winning team.

6 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Conflicting reports. Pat McAfee says it’s not true. 

I'm conflicted too (if this is true). 

On one hand I understand always taking what you're worth and you're worth what someone will pay you. Always get your bag when you can get your bag! 

However, this does a lot of damage to the theory that Rodgers' biggest concern is surrounding him with talent to give him a fighting change at another ring. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ChickenWyngz said:

I'm conflicted too (if this is true). 

One one hand I understand to always take what you're worth and you're worth what someone will pay you. Always get your bag when you can get your bag! 

However, this does a lot of damage to the theory that Rodgers' biggest concern is surrounding him with talent to give him a fighting change at another ring. 

Agreed. There’s no way you can take that much money and complain about the talent around you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

Conflicting reports. Pat McAfee says it’s not true. 

Was watching McAfee's show when they discussed this.  Seems Rodgers told him that no deal was actually in place.  Ian Rappaport reporting otherwise.  So, maybe it's an offer that's been made, but not accepted yet?

• Like 1

I don't know what's going on with this and its hard to figure out. 

Reading between the lines, my best guess is that Rodgers signed something today, but not the actual deal that is reported by Ian Rapoport.  But he signed something that agreed he'd play for the Packers this year, so they had their guarantee to move forward with franchise tagging Adams, which they did.  And then they'll continue to work on a cap friendly deal together, but the Packers know he's back.

11 minutes ago, bugatti said:

This screams of "I'm a diva that was just upstaged by Russell Wilson, so I'm trying to bring the shine back on me."

I think that's what Max Kellerman and other talking heads want people to think.  Hell, it was just a tweet.  If it was really what you think it screams, he would have been on a camera somewhere making a much bigger deal of it.

I lean a little more to Pat McAfee saying Ian Rapoport's report was just wrong, assuming it was, and Rodgers putting it out there that the details of what was reported isn't accurate because outside of McAfee, no one else was.

I'm interested to see how it plays out because either Rapoport or McAfee were wrong.  Not really any middle ground.

9 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I think that's what Max Kellerman and other talking heads want people to think.  Hell, it was just a tweet.  If it was really what you think it screams, he would have been on a camera somewhere making a much bigger deal of it.

I lean a little more to Pat McAfee saying Ian Rapoport's report was just wrong, assuming it was, and Rodgers putting it out there that the details of what was reported isn't accurate because outside of McAfee, no one else was.

I'm interested to see how it plays out because either Rapoport or McAfee were wrong.  Not really any middle ground.

I'm confused. Have people said he "signed" a contract? They've agreed to terms. Rappaport laid out the (supposed) terms of the deal, which I assume are going to be in the ballpark of or right at where he actually signs. Having observed Aaron Rodgers for years, the dude is a master manipulator and enjoys controlling narratives. They are just playing it up. The rumored deal is in-line with what everyone said he would agree to, so again, I'm confused at what the ado is all about.

• Like 1