Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marvin Lewis speaks: Ocho Psycho, no on Odell and getting tougher

Featured Replies

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070103/SPT02/701030338

 

Marvin Lewis on Tuesday said he will start using a heavier hand when it comes to disciplining the Bengals, and he might start with linebacker Odell Thurman.

 

Thurman, who led the team in tackles as a rookie in 2005, was suspended twice by the NFL and missed the entire 2006 season. Thurman is expected to be eligible to return by summer, but Lewis isn't factoring the linebacker into the Bengals' 2007 plans at the moment.

 

"I'm not going to spend any time talking about Odell," he said. "We're talking about our 2007 season. He's not a part of this football team."

 

When pressed to elaborate, Lewis said of a possible Thurman return: "I don't see it on our horizon."

 

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070103/SPT02/701030406/1066

 

"Well, after we got through the whole Mohawk, Degree thing and Ocho Psycho and all that stuff, we were good," Lewis said of Johnson's alter ego, Ocho Cinco. "And you know what? Things went up, and that's the thing. He's just got to make sure that all the time he's being the right guy for his teammates. And it's important to them that I don't have a double standard for Chad."

 

 

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/comments/threadView.asp?threadid=172

Which Bengal would you get rid of comment section for the fans.

  • Replies 48
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And it's important to them that I don't have a double standard for Chad."

 

That's a joke. Marvin, call Parcells and ask him about double standards.

Sorry Marvin, this all reads like "...blah blah blah, doublespeak, blah blah blah..." to me.

Sorry Marvin, this all reads like "...blah blah blah, doublespeak, blah blah blah..." to me.

 

 

:ylsuper: :thumb:

 

He seems to be rambling.

He didn't seem to be rambling regarding Odell Thurman. My question is, does Marvin have the final say regarding Thurman, or does Mike Brown make that call?

  • Author
He didn't seem to be rambling regarding Odell Thurman. My question is, does Marvin have the final say regarding Thurman, or does Mike Brown make that call?

How was he rambling when he said he would spend no time talking about him as he is not part of the team for 2007 and then when pressed by a reporter he made another comment. How is that rambling?

How was he rambling when he said he would spend no time talking about him as he is not part of the team for 2007 and then when pressed by a reporter he made another comment. How is that rambling?

 

I agree with you. I thought he was to the point and sounded pretty clear that Odell is not part of the team for 2007.

I agree with you. I thought he was to the point and sounded pretty clear that Odell is not part of the team for 2007.

So, what exactly is he saying?:D

Marvin is going about this the wrong way... Dont tell everyone what you need to do or what you going to do 2007 season keep that stuff in the bengals organization...

  • Author

I found it interesting that we end last season with a story coming out of the locker room that called Chad out for selfishness and Marvin said that person was GONE and would NOT be back to the Bengals.

 

And this season we have a story with some implying that Chad is selfish and players/Marvin calling others out (without naming names) about it and yet no calling for those players heads.

 

Two seasons with disappointing ends and both have Chad Johnson involved in a selfish story. (Remember it was CHAD, who said he was Self and TJ was ISH.)

He didn't seem to be rambling regarding Odell Thurman. My question is, does Marvin have the final say regarding Thurman, or does Mike Brown make that call?

 

 

He rambled about everything but Thurman.

I found it interesting that we end last season with a story coming out of the locker room that called Chad out for selfishness and Marvin said that person was GONE and would NOT be back to the Bengals.

 

And this season we have a story with some implying that Chad is selfish and players/Marvin calling others out (without naming names) about it and yet no calling for those players heads.

 

Two seasons with disappointing ends and both have Chad Johnson involved in a selfish story. (Remember it was CHAD, who said he was Self and TJ was ISH.)

 

 

I'd say Chad taking blame is a sign that he's grown up some. I don't think he's to blame and I don't think he's selfish, but I do think it's a very mature move on his part to shoulder some of the blame.

WOW it's funny to see the people jump off the waggon when things aren't going good. In Marvin We Trust??? Does that ring a bell?

I've said it a million times if Chad Johnson would keep his mouth shut he would be as good as a teammate could be. He doesn't and he is a distraction! He might not be the punk T.O. is but he has to much of the look at me attittude instead of blending in and being part of the team.

I think he figures it out this offseason and the Bengals take that next step next year.

He rambled about everything but Thurman.

 

That very well may be. But I agree that things should be kept in-house regarding returning players. When those decisions are made and finalized then they should be made public by the organization. I personally could care less what personnel decisions the Bengals make. I will remain a fan regardless.

  • Author
I'd say Chad taking blame is a sign that he's grown up some. I don't think he's to blame and I don't think he's selfish, but I do think it's a very mature move on his part to shoulder some of the blame.

I thought the most interesting part of Marvin's comments were that it is important to the other players that Marvin doesn't have double standards for Chad. That implies that the whole locker room are not fans of Chad's antics and doesn't fire the team up as much as some feel.

 

I do think we have seen a maturing Chad Johnson this year. It will be HUGELY important on how he handles the team's failure of 2006.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.