Open Job: Jackson County

Defensive Coordinator job was posted on the KHSAA site on Jan 8th, and I just had someone point out to me that the head coaching job was posted on Jan 25th.

Coach John Hallock stepped in as head coach in 2020 after Coach Travis McDaniel departed following a one year stint as head coach for the Generals.

Jackson County - the 8th poorest county in Kentucky - is a tough place to win games. Sad to see Coach Hallock step down, because from everything I heard his players absolutely loved him.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2022 at 3:38 PM, TylerDurden said:

Hallock posted on the KHSAA open job page on 1-8 looking for a DC and then the school listed the HC job on the KHSAA on 1-25. Surely Jackson County didn't fire him right?

He was the prison chaplain down there.  Those jobs move around a lot I think.  I am sure he just had to relocate.

On 2/17/2022 at 10:15 AM, Straitshooter said:

He was the prison chaplain down there.  Those jobs move around a lot I think.  I am sure he just had to relocate.

He joined Southwestern as their Associate HC/DL Coach but now those tweets from his Twitter are gone so not sure if he’s still there any longer? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2022 at 11:00 AM, DearToday said:

He joined Southwestern as their Associate HC/DL Coach but now those tweets from his Twitter are gone so not sure if he’s still there any longer? 

He's the new DC at Scott High in Taylor Mill.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've heard 1 name mentioned for the job. He would be a younger coach out of 4A District 7 but conversations didn't reach an agreement. Was a shocking name considering locations of the two parties but would have been a really good hire! Best hopes for Jackson County. They're closer to me and I hope we get this thing turned around! 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, NotMattJones said:

I've heard 1 name mentioned for the job. He would be a younger coach out of 4A District 7 but conversations didn't reach an agreement. Was a shocking name considering locations of the two parties but would have been a really good hire! Best hopes for Jackson County. They're closer to me and I hope we get this thing turned around! 

I was kind of wondering if Levi Rogers or Cooper (for the life of me I can't think of his first name right now) might end up interviewing from Coach Crutchfield's staff at Lincoln County now that Coach Jaggers is the skipper at Lincoln. I was told that Rogers had pretty openly said he would not be staying on at Lincoln County if he wasn't hired as head coach there, so I kind of expected to see him either looking at other head coaching jobs, or potentially re-joining Crutchfield at Garrard County.

Also, I realize he's not a spring chicken, but I was curious to see if Jerry Perry might not look at interviewing for this job.

5 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I was kind of wondering if Levi Rogers or Cooper (for the life of me I can't think of his first name right now) might end up interviewing from Coach Crutchfield's staff at Lincoln County now that Coach Jaggers is the skipper at Lincoln. I was told that Rogers had pretty openly said he would not be staying on at Lincoln County if he wasn't hired as head coach there, so I kind of expected to see him either looking at other head coaching jobs, or potentially re-joining Crutchfield at Garrard County.

Also, I realize he's not a spring chicken, but I was curious to see if Jerry Perry might not look at interviewing for this job.

Rogers is the DC at Southwestern. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I believe Cooper is Cooper is staying at Lincoln with Jaggers.

I've also heard Perry is working as an assistant to his brother at Harlan Independent but I haven't confirmed that.

4 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I believe Cooper is Cooper is staying at Lincoln with Jaggers.

I've also heard Perry is working as an assistant to his brother at Harlan Independent but I haven't confirmed that.

Cooper was the name mentioned to me last week but that's died way down this week. I think their was mutual interest but as I said, it seems to have ran its course. Cooper is running the LC weight program and essentially all things Lincoln Football in coordination with Jaggers until he gets to Lincoln full-time I believe. 

I haven't heard about Rogers at Southwestern but good for him! Glad to see him land a job with a good program! I haven't heard much about Jerry Perry either but if he's working with his brother that makes sense. 

I would imagine the coaching carousel has just about ended for 2022 but who knows! 

• Thanks 1