Covington Catholic vs. North Laurel Predictions/Updates (KOB Finals)

Who wins?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Covington Catholic
    • North Laurel

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2021 at 12:30 AM

The 6-1 Jaguars have beaten Eastern, North Oldham, and Dorman (SC) to earn their spot in the King Of The Bluegrass finals, while the Colonels have beaten Trinity, Fairdale, and Male to make their way to the finals.

When Cov Cath and North Laurel faced off in London last January in an impromptu game set up thanks to the COVID-19 scramble, the Jaguars came away with an 89-87 win in overtime. With North Laurel returning all of their starters, including standout college recruit Reed Sheppard, and with the Colonels returning much of their top talent, including their top 3 scorers (Mitchell Rylee, Evan Ipsaro, and Chandler Starks) and their top 2 rebounders (Rylee and Starks), it should make for an undeniably exciting rematch tonight in Louisville.

Tipoff is at 7:30pm tonight at Fairdale High School.

Tickets are $12 at the door, or you can watch the game via the NFHS Network (if you care to test your patience) at the following link: nfhsnetwork.com/events/fairdale-high-school-fairdale-ky/gam9d840e4b6a

FHKKsw8XoAAbjTP.jpg

• Colonels_Wear_Blue changed the title to Covington Catholic vs. North Laurel Predictions/Updates (KOB Finals)
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can tell you it is a fact that visiting teams in NCAA average 2.1 more fouls per game than home teams.  At least the last stats I saw for a complete season.  Human nature, subconscious, you get caug

16-14 Cov Cath at the end of 1Q.

7 minutes ago, ConverseAllStar said:

I expect the crowd to be primarily supporting North Laurel tonight, which could have an impact on those calling the game.  North Laurel wins a close one!

Are you suggesting the refs are influenced by the amount of fans a given team has at a game?

• Haha 1

To win against North Laurel, you have to keep Shepard to his averages and then control the rest of his team while also making Shepard work for every shot he gets, every rebound and limit his assists by keeping him as busy as possible.

14 minutes ago, theguru said:

Are you suggesting the refs are influenced by the amount of fans a given team has at a game?

I can tell you it is a fact that visiting teams in NCAA average 2.1 more fouls per game than home teams.  At least the last stats I saw for a complete season.  Human nature, subconscious, you get caught up.  Not at all a shot at refs, perfectly normal.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Looks like I'm gonna be doing updates tonight from my phone, so as always, anyone who wants to chip in with updates, don't hesitate to do so.

Thanks .. judging by the Male vs Dorman game doesn’t seem like NFHS is going to be very reliable! 

49 minutes ago, bigblue96 said:

Thanks .. judging by the Male vs Dorman game doesn’t seem like NFHS is going to be very reliable! 

25 minutes ago, Runcible Owl said:

Poll tally ~ Cov Cath 14 North Laurel 4

Leskoooo!

Also judging by the Male vs. Dorman game, I think Cov Cath is the favorite tonight.

Male beat Dorman by 18. North Laurel was trailing Dorman early in the 4th last night and ended up with an 8 point win. Cov Cath beat Male by 12.

Jumble up some math there by comparison, and that puts Cov Cath theoretically 30 points better than Dorman, and 22 points better than North Laurel.

Lol, do I think Cov Cath is going to get a 22 point win tonight? Definitely not.