WKU 82 Louisville 72

2 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I thought UofL was in trouble when announced Malik Williams out. WKU looked like a team that wanted it more. Mack is on the hot seat now. If doesn't make the tourney which looks unlikely then he will be gone. 

I think Louisville will make it, unless they just have a complete melt down. 

47 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I thought UofL was in trouble when announced Malik Williams out. WKU looked like a team that wanted it more. Mack is on the hot seat now. If doesn't make the tourney which looks unlikely then he will be gone. 

Isn’t UL in a tough spot financially right now ? Can they afford to pay Mack’s buyout and offer a new coach a competitive salary ? 

Also, would anyone decent coach be willing to accept the job ? UL is a top ten program but this isn’t the old UL. They’ve had zero stability for the past several years.I have a hard time seeing many top notch coaches even entertaining the idea with more possible NCAA sanction on the way. It’s just not a very appealing job right now.

Maybe they could get someone with ties to the program to weather the storm for the next few seasons with the understanding that it wasn’t a permanent position.

I’ll say the same thing I said when Billy G. was about to be let go… You better have a home run hire lined up. A lateral move makes no sense.

2 minutes ago, MBWC41 said:

Isn’t UL in a tough spot financially right now ? Can they afford to pay Mack’s buyout and offer a new coach a competitive salary ? 

Also, would anyone decent coach be willing to accept the job ? UL is a top ten program but this isn’t the old UL. They’ve had zero stability for the past several years.I have a hard time seeing many top notch coaches even entertaining the idea with more possible NCAA sanction on the way. It’s just not a very appealing job right now.

Maybe they could get someone with ties to the program to weather the storm for the next few seasons with the understanding that it wasn’t a permanent position.

I’ll say the same thing I said when Billy G. was about to be let go… You better have a home run hire lined up. A lateral move makes no sense.

Most likely won't have to pay anything because of Level 2 violations provision of contract but if amended to Level 3 then would have to buy out. They are mostly done with paying out Petrino buy out and will be getting another 8 million from ACC network that just got picked up by Comcast to carry network. They should get NCAA punishment this summer so new coach could recruit younger HS kids that won't be affected by possible tourney ban. 

2 minutes ago, MBWC41 said:

In defense of Mack, it’s got to be tough to recruit ACC level talent when the program has been under investigation for what seems like nearly a decade.

He also got bounced 1st round of tourney with Pitino's players his first year. He has enough talent there to play better. ACC is weak this year so if doesn't make tourney this year then he won't have any support.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Most likely won't have to pay anything because of Level 2 violations provision of contract but if amended to Level 3 then would have to buy out. They are mostly done with paying out Petrino buy out and will be getting another 8 million from ACC network that just got picked up by Comcast to carry network. They should get NCAA punishment this summer so new coach could recruit younger HS kids that won't be affected by possible tourney ban. 

I know very little about The UL financial situation. I just understand they aren’t exactly flush with cash right now. 

I have a hard time believing they can lure a top notch coach in their current situation.

For the record, if he misses the tournament, I think he’s gone also.

3 minutes ago, MBWC41 said:

I know very little about The UL financial situation. I just understand they aren’t exactly flush with cash right now. 

I have a hard time believing they can lure a top notch coach in their current situation.

For the record, if he misses the tournament, I think he’s gone also.

Mack is 7th highest paid coach so they can get a good coach for that kind of money.