WKU 82 Louisville 72

GOREDDEVILS

10 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Mack is 7th highest paid coach so they can get a good coach for that kind of money.

I understand that. Can they get a coach willing to take on that mess though ?

Like I said earlier, this isn’t the UL of old. They’re very similar to UK at the end of Tubby/Billy G. The brand has diminished just as the Kentucky brand had. Add in the fact that possible penalties are coming and it makes for a tough sell.

No matter what you think of him now, Cal was able to amp up the status of UK immediately. We saw instant results. If UL can hire that type of guy, they’d be fools not to. 

When UK let Gillispie go, fans were going nuts over Travis Ford. He may have been able to do great things at UK but it was going to take time. I’d have a hard time letting Mack go for a Travis Ford type.

Get past the possible penalties and hire a guy who is worth coaching at UL.

8 minutes ago, MBWC41 said:

I understand that. Can they get a coach willing to take on that mess though ?

Like I said earlier, this isn’t the UL of old. They’re very similar to UK at the end of Tubby/Billy G. The brand has diminished just as the Kentucky brand had. Add in the fact that possible penalties are coming and it makes for a tough sell.

No matter what you think of him now, Cal was able to amp up the status of UK immediately. We saw instant results. If UL can hire that type of guy, they’d be fools not to. 

When UK let Gillispie go, fans were going nuts over Travis Ford. He may have been able to do great things at UK but it was going to take time. I’d have a hard time letting Mack go for a Travis Ford type.

Get past the possible penalties and hire a guy who is worth coaching at UL.

Bottom line is if he doesn't make tourney he will be gone and will get best coach they can that is willing to make a lot of money. If Mack makes tourney then he will be back. Find out here in about 2 months.

I’m a firm believer that the NCAA cloud over the program has handcuffed Mack and not allowed his staff to land better players…

Having said that, there is no situation where Louisville should have losses to Furman, DePaul and WKU before the new year. 

• Like 1