Open Job: Bullitt East

Tigerpride94

Job has been posted.  Would think they would get a good bit of interest.  Pretty dang good offense coming back and defense isn't bad either.  Just need to shore up the secondary a bit.  Biggest drawback is being in the same district at Male.  But the team has made major strides in the last couple of years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Do we have any knowledge who the applicants are?  

I think this is a better program and opportunity than people realize.  Saddled in 6A?  Yes.  But competitive with anyone not named Trinity, St X or Male.  Who knows what the future holds?  

I haven't heard any names at all except for a couple of current assistants.  The school seems to be trying to build the program back up.  TONS of community support !!  Principal is former Boyle coach who has several rings of his own.  I've heard they expect the enrollment to be above 2000 in 3 or 4 years.  Mt. Washington is growing !!!  Tough class but why not them !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BEChargers said:

I haven't heard any names at all except for a couple of current assistants.  The school seems to be trying to build the program back up.  TONS of community support !!  Principal is former Boyle coach who has several rings of his own.  I've heard they expect the enrollment to be above 2000 in 3 or 4 years.  Mt. Washington is growing !!!  Tough class but why not them !

I heard they may redraw the school districts because Mt Washington growing and would funnel some of those kids to North Bullitt. Have you heard that?

8 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I heard they may redraw the school districts because Mt Washington growing and would funnel some of those kids to North Bullitt. Have you heard that?

I have heard several things.  But unless I'm wrong, and I very well might be, if you live in Bullitt County you can choose which school your child goes to.  You have to apply to go out of district but pretty sure you can move your child to a different high school.  Correct me if I'm wrong. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, BEChargers said:

Also heard they might be building a new elementary school across from BE and when it's built the old elementary building will be used for more high school space. 

They have already redrawn the districts once before.  BE boundary used to extend all the way to the KOA just outside of Shepherdsville.  They talked about extended NB line down to Miller's Crossing as well, but that would only affect about 50-75 kids.  They are building a new building about a mile down the road from BE for Old Mill Elementary.  It's not a new elementary school per se, just a new building.  When it's ready, the current building for Old Mill, which shares a parking lot with BE, will be taken over by BE.  They've already remodeled or added onto the school 3 times in the last 20 years and they're busting at the seams again.  When my wife started teaching at BE 20 years ago, they had just under 600 kids.  There are now close to 1600 kids.  In 5 to 7 years, there will be 2000 kids in the school unless the county builds onto one of the other schools and then redistricts (most likely) or builds another HS altogether (which I don't see happening).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BEChargers said:

I have heard several things.  But unless I'm wrong, and I very well might be, if you live in Bullitt County you can choose which school your child goes to.  You have to apply to go out of district but pretty sure you can move your child to a different high school.  Correct me if I'm wrong. 

That is correct, but only for high school.  Freshman year is open enrollment, but once you choose, that's it.  If you don't like where you are, the only place you can go from there is your home district school.  For example, if BC is your home district and you choose BE, if you determine you don't like BE after going there, you cant then choose to try NB.  You could only go back to BC.  if you choose BC and determine you don't like it and it's your home school, you're stuck.  There is no trying BE or NB unless you move in the county and one of those schools then becomes your home district school.  Hopefully that makes sense.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BEChargers said:

I think that principal is tied for most by any BC staffer at 7 rings. He wants for nothing more than to see BE football to be successful. I am certain he will find the right guy! Tough class for sure but like you said why not them!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unrivaled97 said:

That is correct, but only for high school.  Freshman year is open enrollment, but once you choose, that's it.  If you don't like where you are, the only place you can go from there is your home district school.  For example, if BC is your home district and you choose BE, if you determine you don't like BE after going there, you cant then choose to try NB.  You could only go back to BC.  if you choose BC and determine you don't like it and it's your home school, you're stuck.  There is no trying BE or NB unless you move in the county and one of those schools then becomes your home district school.  Hopefully that makes sense.

Thank you.  Wasn't aware you had to choose freshman year.  Makes sense though. Or that you could only move back to home district.  Makes sense though logistically.  I guess that's why BE has over 500 kids just in 9th grade.  Thanks for the info.