Top QBs in 2022?

QBone2

Simon Kenton Chase Crone career stats are rushing 2223 with 32 tds and 5373 with 39 passing tds. Plus he will return his entire starting OL that goes 6'4 280, 6'3 280, 6'3 250, 6'3 290 and 6'3 275. Along with 3 year starter running back Jayden Lawson and returns 2 of his top receivers. Should be a great year for Crone and the Pioneers! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MOMWOW said:

Logan Verax from Ryle class of 24

Kolter Smith from Male class of 24

Russ Osborn from Shelby Valley class of 24

R.J West from Boone County class of 23

Michael Powell from Owen County class of 25

I thought it was interesting that at 6A Championship that when Male took out Nic Schutte they put in Lucas Cobbler instead of Kolter Smith so maybe a QB battle between those two for next season.

• Like 1

Coming into the 2021 season, we knew who the stars were at this position - Wimsatt, Hergott, Veltkamp, Gillis and Humphreys, to name the majority. They were either coming off of stellar 2020 seasons or had generated a lot of buzz over the summer camp circuit. That's not likely to be the case next year. The 2022 crop of quarterbacks is looking pretty thin right now. That's not to say we can't have some guys emerge to fill the void. Keep in mind, no one saw Sivori coming.

Aside from the QBs already mentioned, here's a couple more:

Jacob Jones (West Jessamine) - The state's top quarterback prospect in the class of 2023. Holds an offer from UK.

Kenyon Goodin (Collins) - Came up 10 rushing yards shy of being the third quarterback - the others being Hergott and Sivori - in the state last year to throw for 2,000+ and run for 1,000+. He accounted for 52 touchdowns.

• Like 1

Just now, Roundsteak said:

Hey Tigerpride94, who do you envision being StX’s QB for 2022?  Will they move Boone back to QB or go with Havill?

I have the same question. Boone is more in the mold of Sivori where Havill is more a pocket passer. Guess over summer and into fall practice will sort it out. 

QBs here in NKY that I've seen are Logan Verax of Ryle 6'3 170lbs class of 2024 and Jackson Smith of Walton Verona 6'3 170lbs class of 2024. I  believe Verax led his class in passing yards as a sophomore or at least was top 3.

Jackson Smith was out for most of the season due to injury but came back in time to start against BW. Smith is a dual threat for sure! Interested to see what WV can do with that SO class as the 2024 class has a very good winning record.

Verax in the pocket...

Smith dual threat...

If this is the same Jackson Smith that played his freshman year at Beechwood, he is a really good athlete. He struggles throwing the football but he is very dangerous with his legs. Forget his arm and legs, his biggest issue is the baggage he comes with.

The freshman QB at Beechwood, Clay Hayden, will be one to keep an eye on. The kid can flat sling it and will have a lot of weapons to lean on. 

• Like 2

Of course I have to submit the Birds starting QB who will be Sr. Noon who will be a great dual threat, O I mean Jr. Benke who will be able to sling it, O I mean Jr Bottom who will have Noon and Benke to throw too to make things happen, or some combination of the 3 or maybe all 3.  O heck I don't know.  All I know is that it would be great if they figure out what they are going to do early in the season instead of waiting till the last game of the Regular season.

Whatever happens the talent will be there.

Go BIRDS!!!!

• Like 1