Beechwood 23 Lexington Christian Academy 21 (2A State Championship)

theguru

14 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Not gonna lie, JB, I've always thought that song was about as corny and overplayed as it comes.

I heard them playing that in the stadium following the game and my immediate thought as I rolled my eyes was, "Man...it's 2021 and they're playing a 44 year old glam rock ballad to celebrate the football win?"

Lol it is corny. 

16 minutes ago, theguru said:

I think his Uncle was a better Beechwood QB and probably the GOAT for Beechwood QBs but that is for another thread. 

I won’t say who is the goat but I will say one thing Greg ran my bell a few times in practice when he played LB. He was one of the hardest hitters we had. 

• Like 1

Congratulations to LCA on an unbelievable season. That team is no joke and they were right there again. Congrats to The Beechwood Tigers on #16. It was well deserved. Once again they come into another Championship as the underdog in most peoples eyes and find a way to win it. Some teams just have that “it” quality to pull these big games off and Beechwood is one of those teams. Congratulations to Coach Rash on his seventh state title and unbelievably his first undefeated team of those Championship teams. Cam Hergott is a special player and once again showed that but the MVP award should go to the Beechwood Defense. They just held a team averaging 49 points a game to 21 points and was the biggest factor in that win in my eyes. All year they have played so hard and this title is theirs because of their dedication to that side of the football. So many teams focus on offense but it’s your D that is vital in being a consistent Championship team. Hats off to all these boys from Beechwood as it has been another great ride. This team will be remembered for a very long time. I wish all the Seniors from both teams the best of luck in their college careers for those going that route. Unbelievable game again for the 2A title.  

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Jason Bucklen said:

I won’t say who is the goat but I will say one thing Greg ran my bell a few times in practice when he played LB. He was one of the hardest hitters we had. 

Yeah but you weren't that tough. 🙂

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

Troy Howell doing an amazing job covering the games!

Coach Rash got emotional talking about the kids and families in the Ft.Mitchell area on Big Things this week. He is a special man and each one of these kids are lucky to be molded by him. He means so much to Beechwood and not just because he is a coach!!!

• Like 6

Just now, BWTigers said:

Coach Rash got emotional talking about the kids and families in the Ft.Mitchell area on Big Things this week. He is a special man and each one of these kids are lucky to be molded by him. He means so much to Beechwood and not just because he is a coach!!!

I know, I have talked to many of his former players and I feel the love. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jason Bucklen said:

Haha Ask Murray if I was on that block in the 1994 state title that scored the winning touchdown.  😂😂 Granted I hardly had to touch the Murray DB since Brett cut off my block. 😃😃

I don't think anyone from Murray wants to hear from anyone from Beechwood about 1994! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bucketgetter said:

Sources say a mitchell berger and parker mason both tested positive for the flu. And they still played a huge role in this win. Mitchell had a fever as high as 102°. What a game he had! 

Wow, on so many levels, wow.