Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007 Ashland

Featured Replies

What does Ashland need to do to improve in 2007? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 88
  • Views 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ashland loses the entire starting O-Line so they need alot of help right there. I look for Josh Salisbury, Justin Pennington, Stacey Bester, and a few more to step it up big time. If they can make the holes, then Matt Thomas can make it through them.

I believe Ashland loses 18 out of 22 starters including their kicker. 10 starters leave on defense and 8 on offense.

I have to agree with Tomcat Fan. I would say Ashland will need an O line more than anything. And second I would have to say they will need a defensive player to take Fields Davis' place. They have a playmaker in Thomas, just fill in the blanks.

This senior class was a very good one, and had big numbers which will be hard to replace but IMO they have the people who can fill in. O line will be the big issue, with all 5 starters gone and many backups graduated.

Has anyone seen Ashland's schedule for next year yet?

Ashlands Schedule

(And Im not sure on order)

 

Raceland

Pikeville

Russell

Boyd Co.

Ironton

Montgomery Co.

Bryan Station

Johnson Central

Greeenup Co.

Wofford Co.

 

Like I said Im not sure of the order but I think thats close. But I do know thats Ashlands opponets.

 

Go Get Em Boys,

Yoter

Woodford County not Wofford.

 

Looks tough to me.

I know they play 10/5 @ WOODFORD COUNTY kickoff at 8:00pm

Woodford County not Wofford.

 

Looks tough to me.

 

My apologies, sometimes Eastern Kentucky lingo is difficult to understand:jump:

 

Good luck to the good folks of Woodford County,

Yoter

I know they play 10/5 @ WOODFORD COUNTY kickoff at 8:00pm

 

Looks like a good excuse for me to head out to the Reserve before the game. :D

Ashland has a good sophomore class coming up. Need to get them strong in the weight room. They had a good jv season but very few of them saw any varsity time. Mahan has got to be able to take better care of the ball. Johnson is a good receiver, although was not passed to much last season, S. Burns probably led jv in receptions and touchdowns from passes. Badly need some of these guys to step up for the o-line.

I believe Ashland might struggle for a bit this year...They have some good athletes, but lacking some positional players, especially linemen.

I believe Ashland might struggle for a bit this year...They have some good athletes, but lacking some positional players, especially linemen.

 

I too think they will strugle early, but should be fine once the younger guys get some experience.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.