Male vs. St. Xavier Predictions/Updates (6A State Championship) ***Upset Alert***

Tigerpride94

Who wins?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/09/2021 at 01:00 AM

3 hours ago, Tigercat said:

I saw the first game, and in my eyes, X couldn't get to the QB quick enough and Male's speed at WR let them get past the DBs all night. That night X had a bunch of defensive starters out and lost by 7. Some of those starters are back. X has to get to the QB and not allow time for the WRs to get deep. Male is incredibly gifted and it will take a giant effort, but I think X can pull it out.

Male's QB does a really good job of getting rid of the ball fast to negate any potential rush. In the first game when did hold onto the ball a bit too long there was a decent rush to flush him out of the pocket. He's a very good athlete, and it will take a great effort to keep him in check. 

On 11/29/2021 at 7:45 AM, BlueRaider said:

Male's Defensive box is just elite. If they can spread the field out horizontally and throw completed passes to their #7 and utilize the QB's feet like they did in the first game a little bit more, I think they can keep the ball, create long drives, and make it a football game. If they can't keep the football then I think it becomes a blowout. Male has one of the most complete offenses I've seen in many years at the High School level. They are good. They have weapons at every spot and a very good offensive line being coached by one of the better OL coaches in the state in Cliff Dawson.

Right there's the key for me. Male was already strong in its defensive front seven before the return of William Spencer. He didn't play the first time they met. That's another guy X has to account for, alongside Brown and Manning, that can make life difficult for Sivori. Male has some brutes in the box.

Outside of one long run by #2, the Tigers had no explosive plays against Male back in September. Male's offense gets most of the ink, but I think their defense will lead the way this weekend. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DevilMayCare said:

Right there's the key for me. Male was already strong in its defensive front seven before the return of William Spencer. He didn't play the first time they met. That's another guy X has to account for, alongside Brown and Manning, that can make life difficult for Sivori. Male has some brutes in the box.

Outside of one long run by #2, the Tigers had no explosive plays against Male back in September. Male's offense gets most of the ink, but I think their defense will lead the way this weekend. 

According to KHSAA, St. X rushed for 197 yards in the first matchup. That's a lot of rushing yards to give up for an elite front 7 without a starter. 

What do you define as an explosive play? Because that statement is just not accurate if you want to double check that game. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, LongTimeReader said:

According to KHSAA, St. X rushed for 197 yards in the first matchup. That's a lot of rushing yards to give up for an elite front 7 without a starter. 

What do you define as an explosive play? Because that statement is just not accurate if you want to double check that game. 

I should have gone back and revisited that game. I was going off of memory. All I recall was the one run by Sivori, but he may have had another called back or shortened by a flag. The touchdown pass to Smith definitely meets the definition of "explosive play".

• Like 2

I had the privilege of knowing and working with Brian.  Such a kind and generous man he is greatly missed.  Brian was so proud of both of his kids and Nic is correct--there is no place his dad would rather him be on Saturday than finishing the journey with his brothers.  Brian set an example of what it means to lead and to do a job well and Nic is following in his footsteps.  I am honored to be a witness...

• Like 3

• theguru changed the title to Male vs. St. Xavier Predictions/Updates (6A State Championship) ***Upset Alert***
  • theguru locked this topic