Bengals 32 Raiders 13

The offensive line definitely wasn’t good today in regards to pass protection. However, once again I question Taylor and his play calling or I guess more his pass game design. There were a lot of plays today when Burrow was pressured, where if you watched the replay. The routes the Bengals were running literally were running right into the coverage of the Raiders. There is very little scheming guys open in his offense. Which doesn’t help Burrow and the line at all, and makes Burrow have to try to hold on to it. 

3 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

The offensive line definitely wasn’t good today in regards to pass protection. However, once again I question Taylor and his play calling or I guess more his pass game design. There were a lot of plays today when Burrow was pressured, where if you watched the replay. The routes the Bengals were running literally were running right into the coverage of the Raiders. There is very little scheming guys open in his offense. Which doesn’t help Burrow and the line at all, and makes Burrow have to try to hold on to it. 

Many times receivers are not very good at finding the open areas in a zone or can't beat the man in coverage. I know you fancy yourself as pretty knowledgeable about the Bengals, but how do you have any clue how the offense is scheming or if the players are following that scheme?

53 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

It wasn’t always pretty, but at the end of the day the Bengals got the win. Defense played well and the running game got going. The play design in the passing game is still a question mark, but at least they got the win. Enjoy and then get ready for Pittsburgh.

Not a lot of games will be pretty from here on out.   It's just win.   Every media outlet on the air overhyped KC and Dallas all week and that game was dreadful.   It's not college, style points don't count.   Just be up one when the clock runs out.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 9068 said:

Many times receivers are not very good at finding the open areas in a zone or can't beat the man in coverage. I know you fancy yourself as pretty knowledgeable about the Bengals, but how do you have any clue how the offense is scheming or if the players are following that scheme?

Well we have three years of seeing it. Three years now no matter who the receivers are under Taylor that consistently struggle to get separation. Three years of seeing replays where guys routes are literally taking them right to guys who are just sitting on the route waiting for them. So yeah after three years that is how I formed that opinion, that his scheme or play calling doesn’t do much in helping get receivers open.  Now if it is the players not following the scheme, then that is also a problem considering Taylor has been here three years and if players are still not following his scheme then that is an issue too in regards to coaching. 

I have been pretty consistent in not being a big fan of Taylor the play caller. As a Head Coach though I think he has done a very good job. As a play caller I don’t think he is that good, but does have good weapons to use. If you disagree then that is fine. 

I would call it a "lunch pail" win.  As much as we want the flash of seeing big plays in the passing game, this team will succeed or not based on the ability to get Joe Mixon running like he did yesterday.  I love the simple pitches where Joe can see where the holes are in and hit them.  It seemed for awhile in previous games that the run game was simply RPO.  I think what we see now is the type of run offense Joe used to be in at Oklahoma.

• Like 1

I am late to this thread, kind of ugly but a win is a win.  I thought Mixon looked 100% for the first time in a long time and that is a difference maker.

To echo fc, the Bengals frustrate me on offense, we should have more big plays down the field in the passing game.

Steeler week, another huge game that could go either way.

Who Dey!