Cincinnati 48 SMU 14

Walter

Bearcats completely dominated. SMU had less than 100 yards of offense heading in the the 4th qtr and scored their 2 TD's against Bearcat backups in the 4th qtr.

UC moves to 11-0 with a chance to clinch home field advantage in the AAC Championship with a win over East Carolina Friday on ABC at 330.

Screenshot_20211120-192348.png

Screenshot_20211120-192408.png

• Thanks 1

The defense that showed up today is what UC fans expected to see all year. 1st team D pitched a shutout against a team averaging 42 ppg, and held them 300 yards below their season average with back ups playing the final quarter. 

• Like 1

I heard Dan Orlovsky say that someone else (I believe he said Lee Corso) said that regardless of record, UC shouldn't be in the CFP because they aren't in a Power 5 conference.   I guess by that logic, Notre Dame is eliminated as well?   Time for the committee to give it to the most deserving teams, not just the names.  Otherwise the whole process and those that administer it are complete jokes.

19 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Running through the scenarios on 538. Bearcats still need a lot of help. 1 loss Oregon and a 1 loss Big 12 champ are both predicted to knock them out of the CFP.

Just keep winning... Everything else will take care of it itself. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Walter said:

Just keep winning... Everything else will take care of it itself. 

A 1 loss Oklahoma isn't getting in over an undefeated UC though. 

I think Oklahoma State is the bigger threat to UC out of their future conference.  But they still have to win bedlam.