Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Marion County

Featured Replies

After the passing of Coach Rob Reader earlier this past season, Knights Athletic Director Michael Holt stepped in as interim football coach for the remainder of the season.

Who are the likely candidates to see applying for the job at Marion County?

  • Replies 31
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • The Rebel of Knights
    The Rebel of Knights

    Who ever the Knights pick, it needs to be someone with a strong backbone.  They need to have the guts to say it is their program, if you don't like the rules then you can't be part of it.  Someone to

  • Coach Reader was the 3A KFCA Coach of the Year in 2018. Will always be thankful for this picture. Good luck to the Knights. Whoever gets the job has big shoes to fill. Rob was an awful good coach and

  • The Rebel of Knights
    The Rebel of Knights

    I think he has burned his bridges in Marion County.  Don't see it happening.  

Posted Images

Who ever the Knights pick, it needs to be someone with a strong backbone.  They need to have the guts to say it is their program, if you don't like the rules then you can't be part of it.  Someone to take a big part in the little league and middle school programs.  There are athletes in Marion County, they just need some discipline and tough love.  I don't see them getting an established coach, it probably will be an up and coming first time head coach.  

I could see Mike Griffiths going for this job. He has ties to the school and its a short trip for him to make and he knows how to coach smaller rural schools. I think it would be a good fit. 

This is certainly not as "bad" of a job as it seems on paper. Marion County definitely has the guys to field a solid team; someone just has to get them out. Playing 4A football with a roster just over 30 kids is very tough. But if you get some new guys out and have some decent X's and O's that district looks very winnable. I'm interested to see who they move forward with. 

On 11/7/2021 at 1:06 PM, WestDanville said:

Any chance Clevenger puts in for this? 

I think he has burned his bridges in Marion County.  Don't see it happening.  

1 hour ago, The Rebel of Knights said:

I think he has burned his bridges in Marion County.  Don't see it happening.  

Caught wind of what occurred last season so I would doubt he’s going to apply this time around. 

On 11/8/2021 at 12:26 AM, WishboneCity said:

This is certainly not as "bad" of a job as it seems on paper. Marion County definitely has the guys to field a solid team; someone just has to get them out. Playing 4A football with a roster just over 30 kids is very tough. But if you get some new guys out and have some decent X's and O's that district looks very winnable. I'm interested to see who they move forward with. 

I agree with all of this. Marion County has had moments of success throughout their history but have struggled of late. That said, they've also had two different head coaches pass away due to cancer in the last decade, which is almost unfathomable. The right person can be successful at Marion but this is an important hire for the trajectory of their program.

17 hours ago, WestDanville said:

Caught wind of what occurred last season so I would doubt he’s going to apply this time around. 

What did he do?

Has Marion County hired a coach yet? 

 

  • Author
2 hours ago, montana16 said:

Has Marion County hired a coach yet? 

The listing is still appearing on the KHSAA website and on the school's employment opportunities page, so it appears they have not made a hire yet.

Any ideas on who is in the running?  I've heard the decision is near but no names have been mentioned anywhere.  

  • Author
1 hour ago, The Rebel of Knights said:

Any ideas on who is in the running?  I've heard the decision is near but no names have been mentioned anywhere.  

I'm yet to hear a peep on this one.

On 11/9/2021 at 10:25 AM, gchs_uk9 said:

I agree with all of this. Marion County has had moments of success throughout their history but have struggled of late. That said, they've also had two different head coaches pass away due to cancer in the last decade, which is almost unfathomable. The right person can be successful at Marion but this is an important hire for the trajectory of their program.

I agree that this hire really has an opportunity to change the trajectory of this program, with an up and down history. Ironically, the two guys that have the responsibility to make this hire are former football coaches (AD and Principal). Talk about an opportunity to really do it right one time. Admin has to support marion county football like they never have before, especially financially. Who knows, we'll see. 

Really shocked this job has not been filled yet. Marion has known since late August they would need to hire a coach.  Anybody have any input? 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.