Central 73 Shelby County 0

St. X could have scored a hundred against Butler but no starters played 2nd half and in addition to running clock they would stand there until ref put up arm showing play clock was running down. So there are strategies to keep from running score up. I know some teams are so bad that have no resistance so maybe tough to keep from scoring.

3 hours ago, Rock85 said:

I have no idea what happened in this game. However I have seen my share of blowouts. Once you have your third string in, what do you do? Tell the kids who rarely get to play to take a knee? Problem is (IMHO) that many of these teams getting blown out like this in the 1st round shouldn't be in the playoffs in the first place. Yes, I know that topic has been debated ad nauseam on BGP. Obviously,  there is not an easy solution. 

I agree there is no easy solution but I believe the Coach of any vastly superior team should have his strategies and tactics in mind against any vastly inferior teams.

From the Great Google Machine:

Strategy is the overarching plan or set of goals you are hoping to achieve, and changing them is a slow, arduous, but still possible process. Tactics are the specific actions or steps you undertake to accomplish that strategy.

• Like 1

The thing for some of these schools in tough districts, is that their toughest playoff game might be next week instead of round 3...so you want to make sure your kids are conditioned as well...It's not a good situation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FLYGUY said:

Radio said Central had starters in a lot late in game. Looks like in the stat line they had two defensive scores. Stone had 5 tds. Central had 6 2 pt conversions. My guess is their aggressive defense caused a lot of opportunities. 

Six 2 point conversions would be an issue for some people. If you don't have a kicker, it's 2 points or take a knee on the extra points try.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Six 2 point conversions would be an issue for some people. If you don't have a kicker, it's 2 points or take a knee on the extra points try.

Can you imagine how much more embarrassing it would be for a team to feel so bad for you that they take a knee rather than attempt the PAT at all? 

• Thanks 1

Aug 20, 21    DuPont Manual    away    (L)    12    -    14    Click        ⇄
Aug 27, 21    St. Xavier    home    (L)    6    -    30    Click        ⇄
Sep 2, 21    Butler    away    (W)    34    -    0    Click        ⇄
Sep 10, 21    Belfry    home    (W)    37    -    6    Click        ⇄
Sep 17, 21    Fern Creek    home    (W)    15    -    6    Click        ⇄
Sep 24, 21    South Warren    home    (L)    6    -    20    Click        ⇄
Oct 1, 21    Shelby County    away    (W)    48    -    0    Click        ⇄
Oct 8, 21    Waggener    home    (W)    43    -    6    Click        ⇄
Oct 15, 21    North Oldham    away    (W)    50    -    13    Click        ⇄
Oct 22, 21    Franklin County    home    (L)    6    -    35    Click        ⇄
Oct 29, 21    Open             0    -    0    no