Central 73 Shelby County 0

9 hours ago, theguru said:

Doubtful because there probably won't be any Central fans here trying to explain it away. 

I have no idea what happened in this game. However I have seen my share of blowouts. Once you have your third string in, what do you do? Tell the kids who rarely get to play to take a knee? Problem is (IMHO) that many of these teams getting blown out like this in the 1st round shouldn't be in the playoffs in the first place. Yes, I know that topic has been debated ad nauseam on BGP. Obviously,  there is not an easy solution. 

• Like 1

Radio said Central had starters in a lot late in game. Looks like in the stat line they had two defensive scores. Stone had 5 tds. Central had 6 2 pt conversions. My guess is their aggressive defense caused a lot of opportunities. 

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Rock85 said:

I have no idea what happened in this game. However I have seen my share of blowouts. Once you have your third string in, what do you do? Tell the kids who rarely get to play to take a knee? Problem is (IMHO) that many of these teams getting blown out like this in the 1st round shouldn't be in the playoffs in the first place. Yes, I know that topic has been debated ad nauseam on BGP. Obviously,  there is not an easy solution. 

You should tell your reserves that it's not nice to score 70+ on their opponents. So even though they've worked hard and are excited to get in a varsity game, they should consider the feelings of the ADULTS of the other team and not score too many points. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1