Covington Catholic 10 Ryle 3

Kudos to Cov Cath.....Both defense's were impressive but Cov Cath controlled the time of possession and made some big 3rd down conversions.   Ryle really missed not having Yowan and Colemire on offense due to injuries.  Hopefully both will be healthy for the playoffs.  Good luck to both teams in the playoffs.

2 hours ago, ChickenWyngz said:

What an incredible job by the CovCath staff and players this season! Those guys go into each game with opponents knowing they are about a 1 dimensional and a successful program can be and still put up 7 wins. 

Impressive. 

I’m interested to see what this offense looks like in the playoffs with Agee at QB. I wonder if we’re really going to lean into the running QB and come out with some new looks to take advantage of his talent. I thought we were very basic in the QB run game in the regular season, but did see some newer stuff last week. I’m not expecting us to look like Lamar and the Ravens, but there is an opportunity to run some cool concepts. 

Our defense gives us a pretty big margin for error. We’re big, tackle well, are gap sound and have difference makers at all 3 levels. We’ve really only not played well against teams with great high school athletes in space (Ramsey with Elder and Hergott at Beechwood). Other than that, we’ve been rock solid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CCHFC said:

I’m interested to see what this offense looks like in the playoffs with Agee at QB. I wonder if we’re really going to lean into the running QB and come out with some new looks to take advantage of his talent. I thought we were very basic in the QB run game in the regular season, but did see some newer stuff last week. I’m not expecting us to look like Lamar and the Ravens, but there is an opportunity to run some cool concepts. 

Our defense gives us a pretty big margin for error. We’re big, tackle well, are gap sound and have difference makers at all 3 levels. We’ve really only not played well against teams with great high school athletes in space (Ramsey with Elder and Hergott at Beechwood). Other than that, we’ve been rock solid.

I agree on the CCH defense.  The offense is hit or miss at best.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, theguru said:

I agree on the CCH defense.  The offense is hit or miss at best.

Right, we can’t really throw the ball or generate many explosive plays on offense. It’s tough at any level to string together 10-12 play drives to score without going backwards, getting penalties, etc. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CCHFC said:

I'm hoping now that we're in the playoffs, and hopefully not playing in a downpour, we'll see the offense open up( a little). We can't continue to just run QB draw and power every play and expect to win in the playoffs. Even just throwing the the ball 12-15 times, even if you only complete, say, half of them will force the defense to back off a little. If we can do that and the defense play as they have the last few weeks I think CCH should win by a couple scores.