Should Belfry now be in the conversation in 3A.

Tkinslow

They looked horrible to begin the season but that was probably against teams as good if not better than anyone in 3A. And I know they’ve flipped flopped and played some really weak teams on this winning streak. But they did there job and blowed out those weak teams. We may not actually know how good this team is in 3A until the regional finals or maybe the semis assuming they were to make it that far.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I think this last game against Johnson Central will show if they can be a contender or pretender.

Maybe, but this game is often an odd duck. There have been blowouts and both teams advance deep in the postseason. I think Belfry is a potential semifinal team but I’m reluctant to make any judgments based solely on this game. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Maybe, but this game is often an odd duck. There have been blowouts and both teams advance deep in the postseason. I think Belfry is a potential semifinal team but I’m reluctant to make any judgments based solely on this game. 

What I mean by contender is can they beat CAL. I think they can advance in the playoffs.

1. Belfry has started to get their act together and have improved a good bit.

2. Belfry is still not a very good team by comparative standards to what we have seen from them the past decade.

3. I think at this point Belfry is as good as anyone in the East, if not better.

4. Class 3A is really bad this season on the whole.. more parity... but this is probably the weakest it has been.

5. I still think CAL and Bardstown are the class of the class this year. I also would not take either of those two teams to stay within 2 TD's of the best team in every other class.

6. I could see a scenario where Belfry is the State Runner-Up... I could also see a scenario where Lawrence County upsets them in Round 2. Lawrence County was going toe to toe to start that previous game then started to force things and got away from their identity.

• Like 1