El Diablo declared the Highlands Bluebirds will come out of the NKY 5A Region

theguru

From an outside perspective the changes to the offense is something that has not been seen in this district this year and that is a high powered offense.  Does this push Highlands ahead of the others?  Or did the coaches wait too long to unveil this offense and not give them enough time to grow and learn.  

It seems Cov Cath has settled on a QB that I think does not give them offensive firepower.  

Cooper, I think if they play a game up to their standards can put some points on the board but Friday night they showed they are vulnerable.

I don't see Conner beating Cooper as its a bad match up for them.  

With this offense, Highlands may very well be the favorite.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, cincyswords said:

From an outside perspective the changes to the offense is something that has not been seen in this district this year and that is a high powered offense.  Does this push Highlands ahead of the others?  Or did the coaches wait too long to unveil this offense and not give them enough time to grow and learn.  

It seems Cov Cath has settled on a QB that I think does not give them offensive firepower.  

Cooper, I think if they play a game up to their standards can put some points on the board but Friday night they showed they are vulnerable.

Here is what I will say, defense wins championships.  Highlands defense has been very solid the last couple of weeks.  Again some minor personnel and scheme adjustments allow you to have your best on the field when needed.  The game on Friday may have just been a one off, but the coaching staff willingly making those changes can pump life into a team, especially when the kids see the result that occurred on Friday night.  Now you have a week of to rest and fine tune some things for “your” team before taking the following week to prepare for the Blue Colonels.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bluebirdbath said:

This time of the year is exciting to me, watching how the teams have matured, seeing who is bringing it, who is coming to play each week and who will wind up in the end. My prediction in the end .... any of these 4 teams could beat anyone else on any given day, there is not one special stand out this year and HHS is peaking at the right time  

23 hours ago, Bluebirdbath said:

This time of the year is exciting to me, watching how the teams have matured, seeing who is bringing it, who is coming to play each week and who will wind up in the end. My prediction in the end .... any of these 4 teams could beat anyone else on any given day, there is not one special stand out this year and HHS is peaking at the right time  

Just curious what that means!  (Peaking at the right time). Won 2 of last 7games.  This class 5 A is wide open. Let’s keep in perspective what each team looks like each week.  None of them look good.  Cooper is more explosive than any of them.  Covcath has only shown 5 plays it seems all year.  Conner seems to be the worst of the 4. Highlands is the biggest wild card as they are still moving pieces around.  Can’t wait for next 3 weeks. 

2 hours ago, cincyswords said:

Above note about Covcath...who are you referencing exactly??  Because it seems to me there QBs has best everyone of these "other" teams...

58 minutes ago, RunForest said:

Above note about Covcath...who are you referencing exactly??  Because it seems to me there QBs has best everyone of these "other" teams...

Won games yes.  But do they have offensive firepower?  Hardly.  I am laying questions out there as to what Highlands is trying to do.  As I said from an outside perspective Highlands is trying to create a higher power offense.  Again I asked the question will this be successful or did they wait to long to make this change?  We will know in three weeks when a winner of the district is crowned.