RPI 5A

Brown

10 minutes ago, RunForest said:

Who knows..I have little doubt if Covcath plays Cooper again this year Covcath wins again. 

You could end up being right. I’m just curious what has Covcath done since that game, that makes you that confident that Covcath would definitely win again? 

3 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

You could end up being right. I’m just curious what has Covcath done since that game, that makes you that confident that Covcath would definitely win again? 

There has been a lot of moving parts.  We all know this.  I think as the weeks progress, Eddie has been using different personnel in different scenarios, to  narrow down who, and when.  Lack of better words, he is preparing for playoffs.  His team is deep with good football players. No game changers. But a solid team.  Some of these losses early on were due to personal, who and when.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, RunForest said:

There has been a lot of moving parts.  We all know this.  I think as the weeks progress, Eddie has been using different personnel in different scenarios, to  narrow down who, and when.  Lack of better words, he is preparing for playoffs.  His team is deep with good football players. No game changers. But a solid team.  Some of these losses early on were due to personal, who and when.  

All good points. However, surprised to see you acting like there is no chance for Covcath to lose. I would say Cooper probably has shown they are deep with good football players too, considering Cooper was down 5 starters in that game against Covcath and still took them to 4 OTs. So Covcath would most likely be seeing a better version of Cooper too if the rematch happens. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, futurecoach said:

All good points. However, surprised to see you acting like there is no chance for Covcath to lose. I would say Cooper probably has shown they are deep with good football players too, considering Cooper was down 5 starters in that game against Covcath and still took them to 4 OTs. So Covcath would most likely be seeing a better version of Cooper too if the rematch happens. 

We may see soon enough. Nothing else to say. 

• Like 1

What we are witnessing this season at covcath actually is remarkable.  They are proving that without passing they can still win.  Without changing the plays they can still win.  At this point who even knows what is going on each Friday with the Colonels.  I would said this.  I feel bad for the team that Eddie pulls off the curtain on.   It won’t be qb sneak after qb sneak.  You guys don’t honestly think they are only practicing draw right.  Sadly no one has stopped it yet after Cooper and highlands stacks the box.  What we have seen is 3 qb’s multiple running backs, solid line play, tough defense and blank.  You know the play and still pulling out W’s.  Wait til they get to the second and third play sheet.  Eddie is not a rookie and he has proven he is no dummy.  Time will tell.  Or, he is just getting to the end and playing to get to next year.  As competitive as he is.  I can’t wait til playoffs. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, YOUTH2019 said:

What we are witnessing this season at covcath actually is remarkable.  They are proving that without passing they can still win.  Without changing the plays they can still win.  At this point who even knows what is going on each Friday with the Colonels.  I would said this.  I feel bad for the team that Eddie pulls off the curtain on.   It won’t be qb sneak after qb sneak.  You guys don’t honestly think they are only practicing draw right.  Sadly no one has stopped it yet after Cooper and highlands stacks the box.  What we have seen is 3 qb’s multiple running backs, solid line play, tough defense and blank.  You know the play and still pulling out W’s.  Wait til they get to the second and third play sheet.  Eddie is not a rookie and he has proven he is no dummy.  Time will tell.  Or, he is just getting to the end and playing to get to next year.  As competitive as he is.  I can’t wait til playoffs. 

Yes on the bold! 

10 hours ago, YOUTH2019 said:

Eddie is a GREAT coach, but are you implying that he was willing to sacrifice 2 losses to teams in lower classes, which will destroy their RPI rating and possibly make them travel for playoff games in order to keep a mythical passing game under cover? 

I find it much more likely that they didn't pass against those teams because they couldn't. Especially the Beechwood game. That is a big time crosstown rival that they had not lost to in a bit. If he could have used the pass and won that game he would have. 

Let's stop the "when they get to the second and third play call sheet." They're playing their 9th game of the season tomorrow night. At this point those play call pages don't exist.

• Like 4

I just took a screenshot of the latest up to date RPI rankings on KHSAA.org. 

Woodford and Fredrick Douglas seem pretty set as being the only two with a chance as being the 1 or 2 seeds in either order. With no one behind them looking like they can jump into the top two. Same with Owensboro and South Warren as the 3 and 4 seeds. With no one behind them looking like they could jump into the top four before the season is over.

I do think there could be a chance for some movement though still between the 5 and 9 seeds with how close all those teams RPI numbers are, depending on the results of these last two weeks.

B7F53FB0-A061-41FF-8B2E-F513B5B018C3.png

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kyvince said:

If Covcath can’t establish a passing game than can at least produce a 100 yards of offense  they won’t go far in the playoffs. Having said that I think they have the capability to do so.  

IDK. If after 8 games you still have no passing game then it’s not going to happen. Don’t see them going too far in playoffs. You can’t win a state title every year. Oh well.

FD or SW going to win 5A title this year. I say SW. 

• Like 2