Mayfield 70 Ballard Memorial 6

15 minutes ago, The Flea Market said:

Must be getting ready for Basketball season?

Has Mayfield ever scored 70 points in a basketball game? When I was in school they were more of an also-ran to Graves, Tilghman, and Marshall. 

2 hours ago, Socially Distanced said:

Agree 100%... there are not enough possessions in a running clock game to score 70 unless you are trying to score 70. 

When a team is an as rough shape as Ballard is, it truly is a struggle, the running clock took affect in I believe the 1st quarter. 

Anyone with the drive summary? I mean a couple of pick 6s, a punt return, and plays similar like that is kind of out of the coaches hands. I guess you could tell your kid fair catch the punt, but a pick from a defensive player, do you tell them to slide or not make the pick? Does Ballard have a punter? Was every drive starting in Ballards territory?

I love a good, let’s dog Mayfield forum, but again let’s see the drive summary before we make judgement. Joe is a class act. 

• Like 1

Mayfield scored on their first offensive possession.  Their next three scores were a pick six, punt return for TD, and another pick six.  Backups played 2.5 quarters.  Mayfield running up the score would have been putting up 100.  I promise, Ballard really is that bad.

• Like 1