Is there a shortage of Football Officials in NKY?

theguru

Interesting how times change. During my years in the NKOA we were the folks helping out other areas(especially 15th Region) when they were short handed. I can remember doing some JV and Frosh games with 5 officials.....also 3! Did a JV game NCC at Boone with 2...R and me at HL. Game ended on a Dan Maher 45 yard field goal with me and coaching legend Bob Schneider standing at goalpost, me signaling good, and saying "Damn" and Bob cracking up. I will tell folks the friendships I developed with coaches, officials, players, and game administration were priceless!

• Like 3

Lloyd was informed the official shortage is a major issue. There are only 10 crew’s available. Therefore they are moving 1-2 games a week to stretch the crews. Everyone is supposed to play at least one Thursday or Saturday game to help spread the crews out. Lloyd being the home team was given the option this week for Thursday or Saturday, chose Thursday. I guess the visiting teams in these scenarios just get the news and have to adjust. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Juggman said:

Lloyd was informed the official shortage is a major issue. There are only 10 crew’s available. Therefore they are moving 1-2 games a week to stretch the crews. Everyone is supposed to play at least one Thursday or Saturday game to help spread the crews out. Lloyd being the home team was given the option this week for Thursday or Saturday, chose Thursday. I guess the visiting teams in these scenarios just get the news and have to adjust. 

Actually, both teams have to agree to move the game.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Nuke LaLoosh said:

There have been two varsity games I've been to this season with only four officials.  I really felt bad for the officials.  They were yelled at constantly all night long.

Did Varsity football for many years with only four. The back judge was a great addition. Added years to our lives lol.

• Like 1