Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Verbal Commitments

Featured Replies

First off, this will be my last post on this topic.

 

I have never doubted Kasey's ability to play and I have on several occasions bragged about some of his abilities. I am not an expert, but in my own personal opinion I don't see him playing offense in college IF he goes to a D1 school like Marshall, Cincy, KY, or where ever. He is a great player and I have already pointed that out in previous posts. I do not know what the college coaches are telling him nor do I question the judgment of his previous H.S. coaches. This is a open forum and I am entitled to my opinion just like everyone else is on this website. I have stated that I DO believe that he CAN play defense at the D1 level, and I do think he is athletic enough to get a D1 scholarship. I have obviously touched a soft spot with you and therefore I will do no further damage to your feelings about this subject.

 

All I can say is let's wait and see what school, and level he decides to sign with, and see what side of the ball he will be playing on come the 2007 season. Will it be the D1 level? D1AA level? NAIA level? DII level? or DIII level? Who knows? Will it be on offense? Or on defense? Who knows?

 

In my opinion, although I AM NO EXPERT, I believe we will see him on the defensive side of the ball, IF, he goes D1. Best of luck to the young man where ever he goes.

 

 

While I do believe that Kasey's future is on the defensive side of the ball, he is capable of running the ball if he were to concentrate on it. All I was trying to say was that seeing a kid once a year does not mean you know all a kid can or can't do and while I realize it's your own opinion the comment of " Ask any D1 coach and he'll tell you the same thing" is inaccurate. He has been recruited for mostly a defensive back or a slot back but also for the RB position from D1 schools. I didn't mean to sound rude or argumentative but when you try to tell someone who has watched every single game the kid has ever played and knows exactly what he is capable of that he can't do something when you know he can, it strikes a nerve....especially coming from someone who has seen him a few times. Your comments seemed more of a inaccurate scouting report than an opinion. If I was wrong, I apologize. Yes, Kasey's probably going to play defense in college but he's very capable of playing numerous positions including RB. I apologize if I seemed abrupt, it wasn't directed at you.

  • Replies 156
  • Views 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone knows Kasey is an outstanding player and a great high school RB, but the bottom line is, that if you go to any big city there are " Kasey Clark" caliber running backs everywhere. He is not exceptionally fast nor does he have the quickness to play D1 running back. However, I do think that Kasey has the ability to play defense at the D1 level. With his athletic ability and size he would make an excellent strong safety or free safety at a mid-major college (Marshall,Cincy,Memphis,Ohio U., ect.). If Kasey wants to run the ball in college his best bet is to go small where he can be a star but lets get real people, he is not in the same category as an Arliss Beach or a Chris Jennings and Arliss had a average career at best at UK and Jennings had to walk-on at Arizona. Im not taking anything away from the kid but you people who are saying he is a D1 running back must not realize how good a division one RB really is. So my advice to Kasey is to do whatever makes you happy, if you want to run the ball in college then go somewhere that gives you the oppurtunity to run the ball. If you want to play D1 then I would concentrate on defense and not worry about playing RB. Like I said earlier, Kasey Clark is an outstanding football player and I hope he has a great college career, and there is nothing wrong with playing defense instead of offense. If thats what the best fit for him is than thats what he needs to do.

What you are saying "IS" true to some degree, however I would say that 99% of Division 1A schools have offered all of their alloted scholarships for the upcoming year to their prospective student athletes "BEFORE" the signing date of Feb. 7th. They don't save scholarships or hold some back for after the signing date. Ask any Division 1 college coach and he will tell you the same thing.

 

You did make a good point though, scholarships do open up after the signing date when current prospects sign with another university and that opens up a scholarship for another player who is next in line. Also, many athletes fail to qualify academically and that opens up scholarships also but those scholarships won't open up until the summer months until after the last ACT and SAT test dates and prospects fail to qualify after the last testing dates.

 

Oldram, NAIA schools and smaller D2 and D3 schools will continue to recruit and sign kids all the way up until the end of July. However, Division 1A schools will have 99% of their recruiting class finalized before the end of the spring semester.

 

Under the circumstances that have been mentioned, if a young man has not been offered a Divison 1 scholarship prior to the Feb. 7th signing date several things could happen:

1. That young man could receiver a scholarship after one opens up due to a prospect signing with another university and one becomes available. (kind of the next best prospect in line scenerio)

2. A scholarship could open up due to a failure of a current prospect to qualify academically and being unable to accept a scholarship.

3. A scholarship could open up in the spring, due to transfers, current university players quitting the team, injuries to current players, kids quitting during spring ball, etc...

4. A scholarship could open up in the summer due to players deciding not to return to campus for the fal due to jobs, quitting the team, family crisis, etc..

5. A preferred walk-on offer could occur, which gives the athlete a chance to go prove himself on campus in the fall and earn a sholarship for the spring semester or a year later.

6. Sometimes when kids who are projected to go D1A fail to sign with a D1A school, some D1AA schools will come along with a scholarship and get a great player who slipped through the cracks of some D1A schools.

 

D1A schools are Marshall, Kentucky, Louisville, etc..

D1AA schools are Eastern Ky, Murray St, Youngstown St, James Madison, etc..

These schools will usually have their scholarships and recruiting classes in place by May. However there are always exceptions to the rule.

 

As I mentioned before, you will find that NAIA schools (KCU, Georgetown, Pikeville, Union, Cumberland, etc...) will recruit and sign kids all the way up to the end of July.

 

I hope this clears up some of the recruiting process. Ask any college coach or recruiter and he will tell you the same thing that I have mentioned here.

 

Good luck to all the 2007 seniors and I hope they end up at the school that "THEY" want to attend, not the schools that people want or expect them to attend. Face it, they are making an important decision that is going to impact them the next 4-5 years of their life and prepare them for the rest of their life.

:thumb: Great post!! And right on the money.

I've heard that Williamsburg's outstanding LB, Aaron Root, has given a verbal commitment to the University of the Cumberlands this week. If so what a great fit for the Patriots, a hometown boy who has a fantastic work ethic and flat out comes to play!

The signing period is the 1st day that kids can sign, it's not the last day. I'm glad Kasey doesn't listen to comments like yours. It's a process that changes from day to day, even hour to hour.

:thumb: :thumb: Good Post!! 3high had some very valuble info on this process in his above post. Good luck to all that are wanting to play college ball and I certainly hope that these kids don't listen to those that say "you can't" or "he can't", imo if the kid (any kid) has a desire and work ethic to play that he will play somewhere.

Everyone knows Kasey is an outstanding player and a great high school RB, but the bottom line is, that if you go to any big city there are " Kasey Clark" caliber running backs everywhere. He is not exceptionally fast nor does he have the quickness to play D1 running back. However, I do think that Kasey has the ability to play defense at the D1 level. With his athletic ability and size he would make an excellent strong safety or free safety at a mid-major college (Marshall,Cincy,Memphis,Ohio U., ect.). If Kasey wants to run the ball in college his best bet is to go small where he can be a star but lets get real people, he is not in the same category as an Arliss Beach or a Chris Jennings and Arliss had a average career at best at UK and Jennings had to walk-on at Arizona. Im not taking anything away from the kid but you people who are saying he is a D1 running back must not realize how good a division one RB really is. So my advice to Kasey is to do whatever makes you happy, if you want to run the ball in college then go somewhere that gives you the oppurtunity to run the ball. If you want to play D1 then I would concentrate on defense and not worry about playing RB. Like I said earlier, Kasey Clark is an outstanding football player and I hope he has a great college career, and there is nothing wrong with playing defense instead of offense. If thats what the best fit for him is than thats what he needs to do.

 

 

I'm done trying to convince someone who has seen Kasey play a handful of times how good this kid is. Think whatever you want, it's your opinion but there are people whose opinion I value a great deal more than yours who disagree with you, including D1 coaches. Taking nothing away from Arliss or Jennings because both of them are great backs but did they ever lead their team to a state championship and a runners-up? Kasey is a different type back than both of those players but he's on the very same level. You say how good Arliss is but when he graduated there was people like you saying he couldn't be an SEC RB and Chris Jennings walked-on for other reasons other than skill or he probably would have had a D1 scholarship out of high school. Everyone said Gerald Parker would never make it as a WR in the SEC and if he hadn't been injured so often he would have had an even stellar career. I never said that I thought Kasey could play RB at a Florida, FSU, Notre Dame, Tennessee, etc but with his abilities he could somewhere like Marshall, Cincy, Ohio, WKU. I never even said he would but I do know it's possible. He will more than likely play on the defensive side of the ball in college, his build is great for various defensive positions. But like I said, I'm done trying to convince you and 3HIGH of Kasey abilities, you have your opinion and you're intitled to it but watching a kid once a year doesn't make you an expert on the kid. I will say this, I've been around this area for quite a while and have seen all the great players to come through this area for the past 20 years and I truely believe that Kasey is as good and better in some ways than any player I've seen, including Beach, Jennings and Micheal West. The "advice" that Kasey recieves comes from people who truely know what he is capable of, what he wants, and what is best for him. Can we please get off of Kasey and return to celebrating all of the verbal commitments from all these great players from around the state. It's great to see a kids dream of playing college football come true, Congrats to all of them. Good luck at the next level.

:thumb: :thumb: Good Post!! 3high had some very valuble info on this process in his above post. Good luck to all that are wanting to play college ball and I certainly hope that these kids don't listen to those that say "you can't" or "he can't", imo if the kid (any kid) has a desire and work ethic to play that he will play somewhere.

 

 

Thanks, I completely agree. If they can dream it, they can achieve it.

I'm done trying to convince someone who has seen Kasey play a handful of times how good this kid is. Think whatever you want, it's your opinion but there are people whose opinion I value a great deal more than yours who disagree with you, including D1 coaches. Taking nothing away from Arliss or Jennings because both of them are great backs but did they ever lead their team to a state championship and a runners-up? Kasey is a different type back than both of those players but he's on the very same level. You say how good Arliss is but when he graduated there was people like you saying he couldn't be an SEC RB and Chris Jennings walked-on for other reasons other than skill or he probably would have had a D1 scholarship out of high school. Everyone said Gerald Parker would never make it as a WR in the SEC and if he hadn't been injured so often he would have had an even stellar career. I never said that I thought Kasey could play RB at a Florida, FSU, Notre Dame, Tennessee, etc but with his abilities he could somewhere like Marshall, Cincy, Ohio, WKU. I never even said he would but I do know it's possible. He will more than likely play on the defensive side of the ball in college, his build is great for various defensive positions. But like I said, I'm done trying to convince you and 3HIGH of Kasey abilities, you have your opinion and you're intitled to it but watching a kid once a year doesn't make you an expert on the kid. I will say this, I've been around this area for quite a while and have seen all the great players to come through this area for the past 20 years and I truely believe that Kasey is as good and better in some ways than any player I've seen, including Beach, Jennings and Micheal West. The "advice" that Kasey recieves comes from people who truely know what he is capable of, what he wants, and what is best for him. Can we please get off of Kasey and return to celebrating all of the verbal commitments from all these great players from around the state. It's great to see a kids dream of playing college football come true, Congrats to all of them. Good luck at the next level.

:thumb: :thumb: Great Post UKCATSFAN!!

 

Now, does anyone else have any info on any signees from our area of NEKY/EKY? I know that Raceland had a few kids that imo could play at the next level whether it be NAIA,D3, etc.. There were kids at other schools as well that have the ability to play. Good luck to ALL of these young men.

:thumb: :thumb: Good Post!! 3high had some very valuble info on this process in his above post. Good luck to all that are wanting to play college ball and I certainly hope that these kids don't listen to those that say "you can't" or "he can't", imo if the kid (any kid) has a desire and work ethic to play that he will play somewhere.

:thumb:

Thanks, I completely agree. If they can dream it, they can achieve it.

:thumb: Good post. Very true.

Has anyone heard anything about Scott Grizzle, JT Forrest, or Josh Wills yet?

No decision as far as i am told on the three you mentioned

Has anyone heard anything about Scott Grizzle, JT Forrest, or Josh Wills yet?

 

Look for the three to go to KCU. That is what I am hearing anyway.

All three? I would be suprised if Wills ends up anywhere but Georgetown.

Talked to Grizzle and Forrest a couple days ago. Grizzle told me he has narrowed it down to 3 schools; Mount Union, KCU, and Thomas More. Forrest says its between KCU and Thomas More. But dont be suprised if Grizzle passes up the football offers to go play baseball somewhere, he is a dandy of a pitcher. I would like to see JT Forrest and Josh Wills both go to KCU, those two would be good ones to build a defense around.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.