Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Verbal Commitments

Featured Replies

On KCU website, it says they are a nonscholarship school. For schools like this (recent mail from Valparaiso says the same thing), do the players likely get financial aid of other kinds?

 

I have spoken with several D3 and NAIA schools which are non-scholarship. And they all say one thing, that is that they will find money for athletes. They have many options: academic scholarship, alumni scholarship, grants. In short if they want you to play sports for them, they will find you money.

  • Replies 156
  • Views 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have spoken with several D3 and NAIA schools which are non-scholarship. And they all say one thing, that is that they will find money for athletes. They have many options: academic scholarship, alumni scholarship, grants. In short if they want you to play sports for them, they will find you money.

thanks for that information!

What day is it? Things seem to change everyday. Kasey has been recruited by numerous schools. Penn State wants him as a preferred walk-on as well as Illinios, Indiana, and EKU. Cincy and Marshall seem very interested and should let us know something by next week as far as offers. He's also being recruited by a few more D-1 schools who seem interested. All OVC schools want him as well as the NAIA schools. Murray State and Middle Tennessee State are also talking to him. We should know something in the next couple weeks. I know I'm probably forgeting about a schools or two but those are the ones I can think of right now. I shall keep ya'll posted on Kasey's process.

 

Signing day is Wednesday Feb. 7th. If they haven't offered a scholarship by now, then chances are they are probably not going to.

 

For me personally, I would like to see him go to Penn State, prove to them he is a player and then earn a scholarship. He "IS" good enough to play there and Penn State has always been know for rewarding hard working kids. It would give me another reason to go to Pennslyvania besides going up to see relatives. Also, preferred walk-on status is a little bit better situation then being just a regular walk-on in terms of how you are treated by the staff and perks.

Where did this signing date come from? Is it that particular school or all colleges. That is the first i have heard of that date.

Where did this signing date come from? Is it that particular school or all colleges. That is the first i have heard of that date.

 

It is the National signing date for all NCAA schools for football scholarships. It is the first day that kids can sign their letter of intent to play football at a university under scholarship.

 

I am surprised that you have never heard of this.

 

Kids can "committ" to a school prior to this date but not sign or accept a scholarship from that school until this date.

 

For example, Jimmie Clausen, the number 1 rated high school QB in the nation has been committed to Notre Dame since this past summer, but he cannot officially accept a scholarship from them until Feb. 7th. When he does accept the scholarship he will sign a letter of intent with the University of Notre Dame agreeing to accept their scholarship offer.

 

If I'm not mistaken once a kid signs a letter of intent with a NCAA school now, he must honor that committment or risk sitting out a year if he would happen to change his mind and want to go to another university after the fact he has already signed with one school.

thanks for that information!

:thumb:

Signing day is Wednesday Feb. 7th. If they haven't offered a scholarship by now, then chances are they are probably not going to.

 

For me personally, I would like to see him go to Penn State, prove to them he is a player and then earn a scholarship. He "IS" good enough to play there and Penn State has always been know for rewarding hard working kids. It would give me another reason to go to Pennslyvania besides going up to see relatives. Also, preferred walk-on status is a little bit better situation then being just a regular walk-on in terms of how you are treated by the staff and perks.

Clark was at Marshall last week. Had a good visit with coach Snyder from what I heard.

 

UC told him they would let him know this week. The former staff liked him and the new staff seems to as well. This would seem the most likely to offer.

 

On of the Tenn schools, Either Middle or Tenn State are also talking with him. Not sure if they have offered a scholarship yet or are keeping the lines open just in case.

 

UK has offered prefered walk on status and have been in contact recently. It is possible but unlikely a scholarship offer comes from the Cats.

 

Clark and Josh Wills are also supposed to visit Georgetown this week.

 

I'm sure that UKCATSFAN will keep us updated on how things progress.

Clark was at Marshall last week. Had a good visit with coach Snyder from what I heard.

 

UC told him they would let him know this week. The former staff liked him and the new staff seems to as well. This would seem the most likely to offer.

 

On of the Tenn schools, Either Middle or Tenn State are also talking with him. Not sure if they have offered a scholarship yet or are keeping the lines open just in case.

 

UK has offered prefered walk on status and have been in contact recently. It is possible but unlikely a scholarship offer comes from the Cats.

 

Clark and Josh Wills are also supposed to visit Georgetown this week.

 

I'm sure that UKCATSFAN will keep us updated on how things progress.

 

 

Thanks for the update. I personally wouldn't mind seeing him end up at Cincinnati either. For some reason, I doubt Marshall will offer, although I could be wrong. They did sign a couple of kids from Ironton last year, so hopefully they'll start signing a few more local kids.

 

No slight against Georgetown, but I personally think Kasey can play at a higher level than NAIA.

 

Isn't Tenn. State an African American college??

 

I also don't think he should go to UK unless he's offered. But then again, if he's like a lot of Ky H.S. kids, playing for the Cats could be a childhood dream, who knows.

i think the reason i didnt remember this date is that a host of dates have been thrown out there from they need to verbally commit now so on. Old age i guess. I do think that date is kept more for the bigger schools but i may be wrong. i have been wrong before.

Thanks for the update. I personally wouldn't mind seeing him end up at Cincinnati either. For some reason, I doubt Marshall will offer, although I could be wrong. They did sign a couple of kids from Ironton last year, so hopefully they'll start signing a few more local kids.

 

No slight against Georgetown, but I personally think Kasey can play at a higher level than NAIA.

 

Isn't Tenn. State an African American college??

 

I also don't think he should go to UK unless he's offered. But then again, if he's like a lot of Ky H.S. kids, playing for the Cats could be a childhood dream, who knows.

It was one of the Tenn. schools. Maybe Middle Tenn or Tenn State. I'm not sure which one.

Clark was at Marshall last week. Had a good visit with coach Snyder from what I heard.

 

UC told him they would let him know this week. The former staff liked him and the new staff seems to as well. This would seem the most likely to offer.

 

On of the Tenn schools, Either Middle or Tenn State are also talking with him. Not sure if they have offered a scholarship yet or are keeping the lines open just in case.

 

UK has offered prefered walk on status and have been in contact recently. It is possible but unlikely a scholarship offer comes from the Cats.

 

Clark and Josh Wills are also supposed to visit Georgetown this week.

 

I'm sure that UKCATSFAN will keep us updated on how things progress.

 

Josh Wills is going to visit KCU this weekend.

Josh Wills is going to visit KCU this weekend.

Thats great. Just a 30 min drive.

Josh Wills is going to visit KCU this weekend.

Boy if they keep getting these fine players KCU will be one heck of a team. To maybe be able to go in there and play quickly and being the first football players to start a program would be something to be remembered.

 

Isn't Tenn. State an African American college??

 

.

 

Yes, TSU is a HBCU.

 

If memory serves, Ed "Too Tall" Jones is an alum.

That's exactly what KCU needs to do, get the local talent to come in and get a great head start to their program. Getting Scott Grizzle, J.T. Forrest, Aaron Root, Josh Wills, Derrick Beech, Blake Johnson, Howard, Hubbard, and a few Ashland boys that I've heard are interested would be a HUGE BOOST. These are just a few of the names I've heard are interested in KCU, and I heard the former UK O lineman Aaron Miller is going to play football there too.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.