Owensboro Catholic at Owensboro Predictions/Updates

DevilMayCare

Aces vs. Red Devils  

14 members have voted

1. 1. The winner will be...

• Owensboro Catholic
    • Owensboro

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/2021 at 11:00 PM

A wind of change blows through Owensboro; Aces are low

Records: Owensboro (2-1), Owensboro Catholic (0-3)

BGP Ranking: Owensboro (#2 in 5A), Owensboro Catholic (#10 in 2A)

Series History: Owensboro leads 47-15-1 all-time

Table Setter: So much of life is about turning pages and beginning new chapters. The world of sport is no different. You put wins and losses, alike, behind you and move on to the next opponent. You lose a player to injury, and it's next man up. Your star quarterback and Mr. Football candidate abruptly leaves school three games into the season to enroll in college early… What choice do you have but to move on? Mailing it in can't be an option.

With Gavin Wimsatt bolting Owensboro for New Jersey, the Red Devils' robust offensive symphony is left to soldier on without its conductor. The job of filling the immense void behind center will presumably land at the feet of junior Kasey Boone, who's attempted 37 passes in his career - Wimsatt attempted that many in Week 1. This is one of the biggest 'next man up' scenarios we've ever seen. His first act leading the 2021 Owensboro Red Devils version 2.0 begins this Friday against a familiar, but struggling, foe.

Owensboro Catholic is off to its worst start in thirteen years. After allowing an average of 50 ppg in Week's 1 and 2, the defense tightened its screws last week, only to be let down by the offense. Even with Wimsatt no longer in the picture, the Aces will be hard pressed to keep this as respectable as last year's two score loss. A healthy dose of Carbon (O's savior against Daviess County) and Barksdale behind a big and talented offensive line might be awaiting the OCath defense until the new quarterback settles in.

5ly9u6.thumb.jpg.17676812b91caef265c0bc1aa3f2ab58.jpg

• Thanks 2

Wimsatt only had 79 yards passing against DC - O takes what you give.  Carbon, Barksdale and Taylor are the 3-headed monster at RB.  Boone has a nice arm and I look for Early to really pick up at WR - who seems to have a great connection with Boone.  Goodwin and Rogers have also been unbelievable at WR/TE.

• Like 2

I think the kids at Owensboro have something to prove and that is they are not a one man team. In all likelihood they could play the entire second string in this game and probably still win comfortably however how these kids finish the season without Wimsatt will truly be the interesting. I think they will band together and have an incredible season.

• Like 3

Everything I've heard about Boone is that he could be starting a lot of other schools, but this isn't JV, he needs to throw it away sometime, not just loft if up when in trouble.  Let your running game complement what you do as a QB.  I look for O to be fired up, but it is a rivalry game.  Fallin will be good with a solid win and let the running game carry the load.  Boone for 200 yards passing, OHS rushing 200 yards.

Owensboro 35-14

• Like 1