Jason Ellis, Kathy & Samantha Netherland, Crystal Rogers, and Tommy Ballard: Murders, Disappearances & FBI Investigations.

Wireman

The FBI has taken over the Crystal Rogers case. Over 100 agents and officers from KSP are serving at least 9 search warrants this morning in and around Bardstown. Her boyfriend's house, his brother's and the family's farm are all being searched again. The FBI is looking to reinterview close to 50 people in the case.

That tells me that the remains found last week are likely Crystal Rodger's. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

The FBI has taken over the Crystal Rogers case. Over 100 agents and officers from KSP are serving at least 9 search warrants this morning in and around Bardstown. Her boyfriend's house, his brother's and the family's farm are all being searched again. The FBI is looking to reinterview close to 50 people in the case.

Nick Houck, the brother of Crystal Rogers' former boyfriend Brooks (who has been long suspected for her disappearance) was removed from his house in handcuffs by the FBI this morning according to the Kentucky Standard. The article said they're also searching Brooks' house, like JD said.

FBI takes over Rogers investigation | The Kentucky Standard

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I was waiting for you to chime in, haha. Anything interesting going on from where you're sitting?

Just been working on the photos as they come in from our people out at the various scenes, and updating our story online as new info comes in. There hasn't really been anything new for a few hours. It's been a wild day.

https://www.kystandard.com/content/fbi-takes-over-rogers-investigation

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jim Schue said:

Just been working on the photos as they come in from our people out at the various scenes, and updating our story online as new info comes in. There hasn't really been anything new for a few hours. It's been a wild day.

https://www.kystandard.com/content/fbi-takes-over-rogers-investigation

I'm intrigued by Brooks Houck being the primary suspect as Crystal's ex-boyfriend, but his brother Nick was the one who was taken away in handcuffs. Looks like you have a picture of Brooks standing there just watching - not in custody. I guess there is some more potential for charges with Nick having worked locally as a LEO.

The IRS involvement is interesting too. I can't help but wonder if that's not some kind of backup plan, kind of like it was for Al Capone. "We may not get you locked up for the charges we REALLY want to get you on, but at least the tax man can lock you up."

• Like 1

On 8/6/2020 at 5:53 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I'm intrigued by Brooks Houck being the primary suspect as Crystal's ex-boyfriend, but his brother Nick was the one who was taken away in handcuffs. Looks like you have a picture of Brooks standing there just watching - not in custody. I guess there is some more potential for charges with Nick having worked locally as a LEO.

The IRS involvement is interesting too. I can't help but wonder if that's not some kind of backup plan, kind of like it was for Al Capone. "We may not get you locked up for the charges we REALLY want to get you on, but at least the tax man can lock you up."

The Bardstown podcast added a brief episode concerning the most recent LEO involvement.  I also thought it was interesting seeing Nick Houck carted off in handcuffs and his brother just watching it all happen.

On 8/10/2020 at 2:00 PM, Randy Parker said:

The Bardstown podcast added a brief episode concerning the most recent LEO involvement.  I also thought it was interesting seeing Nick Houck carted off in handcuffs and his brother just watching it all happen.

This did not actually happen — Nick was not led out in handcuffs. Nick and Brooks were at two different locations so one could not watch this happen to the other, either. Both were questioned extensively by agents at their homes.

No arrests were actually made. Feds searched Nick and Brooks' respective homes for several hours, and they spent more than three days at the family farm searching. IRS agents loaded up a whole van full of boxes and filing cabinets full of documents.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Jim Schue said:

This did not actually happen — Nick was not led out in handcuffs. Nick and Brooks were at two different locations so one could not watch this happen to the other, either. Both were questioned extensively by agents at their homes.

No arrests were actually made. Feds searched Nick and Brooks' respective homes for several hours, and they spent more than three days at the family farm searching. IRS agents loaded up a whole van full of boxes and filing cabinets full of documents.

Appreciate the clarification.  I'm almost certain I saw it reported that way.

What's the scuttlebutt in town?  

On 8/12/2020 at 6:50 PM, Randy Parker said:

Appreciate the clarification.  I'm almost certain I saw it reported that way.

What's the scuttlebutt in town?  

Nothing new that's concrete. Of course, there are lots of rumors since NC is a gossipy place. FBI is pretty tight-lipped.

• 1 year later...
On 8/6/2020 at 9:38 AM, Jumper_Dad said:

The FBI has taken over the Crystal Rogers case. Over 100 agents and officers from KSP are serving at least 9 search warrants this morning in and around Bardstown. Her boyfriend's house, his brother's and the family's farm are all being searched again. The FBI is looking to re-interview close to 50 people in the case.

So right around a year after the FBI took over, they're back in town to search 3 properties owned by Crystal Rogers' former boyfriend, Brooks Houck.

WLKY reported two days ago that the FBI was excavating on at least one of the properties, and that they observed the FBI team making use of cadaver dogs. WAVE3 News also added that the FBI investigators were using sonar equipment in the area of the driveway.

Articles from The Kentucky Standard stated that the Nelson County Sheriff's office, who was only involved to man security checkpoints surrounding Howard Street in the Woodlawn Springs subdivision where the 3 properties are located, has been making a list of the names of everyone attempting to pass through, even if they are only attempting to gawk at what's going on. In another article The KY Standard spoke to a resident in the Woodlawn Springs subdivision who stated that residents in the subdivision have long suspected that Crystal Rogers' remains were hidden by Brooks Houck beneath the foundation of one of the houses being built by Houck at the time of Rogers' disappearance.

Yesterday, the second day of this latest round of FBI action was apparently more zeroed in on one of the three houses, in particular, and The KY Standard reported that the security around the area was tightened up more, with the FBI prohibiting anyone from flying drones in the area, denying news agencies any access near to the sites, and declining to release any further statements about their investigation or what they were doing in the subdivision.

The FBI is apparently back out in the subdivision again today.

• Thanks 2

On 8/28/2021 at 8:39 PM, Hearsay said:

They are reporting finding an “item of interest” with no details.

E-EWZhXXEAAknnF.jpg

Just saw the official statement from the FBI's Louisville office on Twitter:

"As the weather is expected to deteriorate over the next couple of days, there will be a suspension of operations in our ongoing search in the Woodlawn Springs subdivision. During the course of the search thus far, multiple items of interest have been uncovered. Initial analysis shows they are potentially relevant to the investigation into the disappearance of Crystal Rogers. The items have been sent to the FBI Laboratory in Quantico, VA for further forensic analysis."

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

E-tLCWiXIAwyPza.jpg

"FBI Louisville's recent search related to the disappearance of Crystal Rogers has concluded. Several items of interest have been sent to the FBI Laboratory in Quantico, VA. We are grateful for the outpouring of support we received from the local community, especially the residents of Woodlawn Springs subdivision. Thank you to the Nelson County Sheriff's Office and Kentucky State Police for your partnership throughout the search. The FBI and our law enforcement partners remain focused on bringing to justice the individual(s) responsible for Crystal's disappearance."

• Thanks 1