Jason Ellis, Kathy & Samantha Netherland, Crystal Rogers, and Tommy Ballard: Murders, Disappearances & FBI Investigations.

Wireman

Per WHAS, Crystal Rogers' mother believes charges could be coming soon.  She believes the FBI is doing a great job, but that prosecutors could improve.

BARDSTOWN, Ky. — The FBI has been working in Bardstown for more than two years, but one search in August of 2021 seemed to bring the most promise. Now, one year later, Crystal Rogers' mom said she believes "justice is coming."

"I know they're in the last steps," Ballard told WHAS11. "I know they're getting close. Their close and my close is not the same thing. I'm wanting this done seven years ago."

This week last year, FBI special agents were digging below ground in a Bardstown neighborhood. They eventually narrowed in on a driveway, after a cadaver dog hit on the area. 

Property records revealed Brooks Houck, the main suspect in Rogers' disappearance, was working on the property the same summer she went missing.

After seven days of digging, searching and collecting evidence, the FBI confirmed they found multiple items of interest.

Shay McAlister: A lot of people wonder- what was found under the driveway? We were told multiple items of interest. Were you ever told what they found? 

Sherry Ballard: Yes mam. I was told the day that they found it. It was...it was very hard time for me because what they found could very well be evidence that they needed.

Ballard said she talks to the FBI about twice a month, and emphasized they always take her calls. She said she believes the team is working hard, but believes prosecutors are slowing the next step.

"The FBI guy who's doing this is excellent. He's doing an excellent job, I have no complaints about that," she said. "It's getting all of the prosecutors on board and getting them where they need to be that is the area I need to work on more than anything."

https://www.whas11.com/article/news/investigations/bardstown/sherry-ballard-charges-crystal-rogers-case-bardstown-fbi-investigation/417-246fea86-e591-4944-be0d-ee8d00100581

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

FfnN2BZXEAYMFX1.jpg

FBI Louisville has concluded our search at 345 Paschal Ballard Lane, Bardstown, KY. We hope that the evidence collected will move our investigation one step closer to holding accountable the individual(s) responsible for Crystal Rogers' disappearance. FBI Louisville, and all of our law enforcement partners, are committed to successfully resolving this case and giving Crystal's family peace, and more importantly justice. FBI Louisville also appreciates the outpouring of community support and a special thank you to the Nelson County Sheriff's Office, Bardstown Police Department, and Kentucky State Police for their assistance this week.

Special Agent In Charge Jodi Cohen

• Like 1

On 10/17/2022 at 9:57 AM, Jumper_Dad said:

News circulating that the FBI is searching a farm owned by Brooks Houck. 

Hopefully arrest are forthcoming soon.

Per WDRB and their reporters, the property referenced in the Tweets from FBI Louisville is a farm owned by the family of Brooks Houck. They have also confirmed that the FBI was making use of excavation machinery and cadaver dogs at the farm, and that the FBI has sent evidence back to the lab at Quantico, which is considered the premiere forensic DNA lab in the country.

FBI sends evidence from Crystal Rogers search in Bardstown to lab at Quantico | WDRB

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

https://www.wdrb.com/in-depth/nelson-county-man-charged-for-alleged-involvement-in-2015-death-of-crystal-rogers/article_c7e61890-4dd9-11ee-ba4b-577d62036a40.html

Arrest made on possible co-conspirator in the Crystal Rodgers case.

The indictment, which does not mention Rogers by name, says the crime was committed in Nelson County on July 3 and/or July 4, 2015, when Lawson “agreed to aid one or more persons in the planning or commission of the crime or an attempt or solicitation to commit the crime when he, and/or, a co-conspirator intentionally caused the death of another.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

>>>BREAKING NEWS<<<

https://www.wkyt.com/app/2023/09/27/fbi-boyfriend-arrested-disappearance-crystal-rogers/

The FBI announced early Wednesday morning that Rogers’ then-boyfriend Brooks Houck has been arrested for charges related to her disappearance.

Not much else released yet.

The indictment is sealed. Nothing forthcoming unit Houck faces arraignment in the beginning of October. 

• Like 1

FBI Statement

In coordination with the Kentucky State Police, other local and federal law enforcement partners, FBI Louisville has been laser-focused on our commitment to hold accountable those that were responsible for the disappearance of Crystal Rogers. Today, we take the first step in making good on that promise. FBI Louisville and the Kentucky State Police have arrested Brooks Houck without incident on charges stemming from the Crystal Rogers investigation. The Houck indictment remains sealed and additional details will be revealed during Houck’s arraignment in early October in the Nelson County Circuit Court.

• Like 1

Nelson County Courts have un-sealed the indictment. From the Herald-Leader:

Brooks Houck, the former boyfriend of Crystal Rogers and the main suspect in her disappearance, has been charged with murder and evidence tampering, according to his indictment.

The indictment, released by Nelson Circuit Court Wednesday afternoon, says he, “acting alone or in complicity with another, committed the offense of murder by intentionally or under circumstances manifesting extreme indifference to human life wantonly causing the death of Crystal Rogers.”

Houck, 41, also “destroyed, mutilated, concealed, removed or altered the physical evidence which he believed was about to be produced or used in such official proceeding, with the intent to impair its verity or availability in the official proceeding,” his indictment reads.

• Like 1

One theory I've thought of was that Crystal was killed because she threatened Brooks that she'd tell what happened to Jason Ellis. I think one of the thoughts at the time Ellis was killed was that it may have been someone trying to stop an investigation that he was involved in. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Brooks brother Nick (also a police officer at the time) wasn't involved in killing Ellis. Crystal may have known that and threatened to tell if Brooks wouldn't leave her alone when she was trying to break up with him.

Just my own theory on it all.

• Like 3