Miami Dolphins 29 Cincinnati Bengals 26 (Preseason Week #3)

Sunday, 8/29 at 4pm on CBS at Paul Brown Stadium. 

Joe Burrow plays his first snaps of the year how long do you think he plays?

Week 3 is supposed to be the dress rehearsal for the starters. Who do you think the starting Guards will be?

Who do you think needs to shine to prevent from getting cut?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, InsideSlant said:

Week 3 is supposed to be the dress rehearsal for the starters. Who do you think the starting Guards will be?

I am interested to see how Joe/the Bengals look in the 1st quarter but beyond that yawn.

1 hour ago, InsideSlant said:

That was when there was a 4 week pre-season.  Now, with just a 3 game pre-season, I just don't see a lot of teams risking a lot of potential injuries by playing their projected starters for a good portion of the game.  It may mean that Week 1 of the regular season is a little uglier, but this week's game means nothing in the standings.

As to how many snaps Burrow plays...I think a lot of it depends on what happens.  If they go 3 and out, with one of those being a run play, then I think he'll be back out there for a second series.  If they go 10 plays down the field and end up with even just a field goal opportunity...I think he'll be done for the night.

New update: Sounds like Trae Waynes has injured his hamstring so be on the look out at the depth in the CB position. Will they use Darius Phillips as #2 to keep Hilton in the slot? Or will they move Eli Apple to the opposite side as the starter? 

I thought the defense lacked depth last year behind all of those injuries, this year it seems a little better. If this injury is serious to Waynes, a guy like Winston Rose or Jalen Davis would need to step up to not get put on the practice squad.

Final - Miami 29-26.  Dolphins come back in the 4th quarter.  Bengals could have tied the game at the end but decided to go for the win to test that situation.  Failed.  Heat index over 100.  I could not stay hydrated enough.  I am curious what entertainment the Bengals management take into the regular season for PBS.  "King of the Jungle" is cheesy.  I'll be there in 2 weeks for the opener.

• Thanks 1

I took my daughter.   It was her first Bengals game.   We made it through about 2 and a half quarters and then the heat got to her.   Not even water and dippin dots could pull her through.   We had fun though.  Nice to hear the fans cheering the whole time.  Since they missed a season, I guess it had built up.   Lets see how long into the season that lasts.   

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nkypete said:

Final - Miami 29-26.  Dolphins come back in the 4th quarter.  Bengals could have tied the game at the end but decided to go for the win to test that situation.  Failed.  Heat index over 100.  I could not stay hydrated enough.  I am curious what entertainment the Bengals management take into the regular season for PBS.  "King of the Jungle" is cheesy.  I'll be there in 2 weeks for the opener.

Your latter point is the reason, I believe, Taylor elected to go for it at the end.  Yeah, you may have two weeks til the opener, but there's absolutely no reason to risk further injury by keeping guys out there longer on a day like that.  Not when it doesn't count in the standings.

• theguru changed the title to Miami Dolphins 29 Cincinnati Bengals 26 (Preseason Week #3)