Miami Dolphins 29 Cincinnati Bengals 26 (Preseason Week #3)

32 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

Your latter point is the reason, I believe, Taylor elected to go for it at the end.  Yeah, you may have two weeks til the opener, but there's absolutely no reason to risk further injury by keeping guys out there longer on a day like that.  Not when it doesn't count in the standings.

Sure, but the game wouldn't have gone any further anyway because the NFL eliminated overtime for preseason.  Taylor could have gone for a Field Goal but who would care.  It was probably a combination of all of that.

11 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

Your latter point is the reason, I believe, Taylor elected to go for it at the end.  Yeah, you may have two weeks til the opener, but there's absolutely no reason to risk further injury by keeping guys out there longer on a day like that.  Not when it doesn't count in the standings.

There is not OT for preseason games.  So make or miss a game tying 50 yarder, the game was basically over.

On 8/29/2021 at 9:06 PM, nkypete said:

Final - Miami 29-26.  Dolphins come back in the 4th quarter.  Bengals could have tied the game at the end but decided to go for the win to test that situation.  Failed.  Heat index over 100.  I could not stay hydrated enough.  I am curious what entertainment the Bengals management take into the regular season for PBS.  "King of the Jungle" is cheesy.  I'll be there in 2 weeks for the opener.

I honestly liked the new in game entertainment things they did. Which I think the King of the Jungle with the Who Dey chant will be much better with hopefully a packed stadium.

My favorite part was the video with Boomer teaching the crowd when to cheer, and when not to. I think the crowd will go crazy during a real game when he does that to get people pumped up. 

1 hour ago, futurecoach said:

I honestly liked the new in game entertainment things they did. Which I think the King of the Jungle with the Who Dey chant will be much better with hopefully a packed stadium.

My favorite part was the video with Boomer teaching the crowd when to cheer, and when not to. I think the crowd will go crazy during a real game when he does that to get people pumped up. 

Let's see what happens in a packed stadium for that as well.  I was OK with the Boomer video.  However, I think our fans are already smart enough to get up and cheer and roar on defense on critical third downs and series during close games.  I have an issue with stuff like that when the game is out of reach for one team or another or the game is meaningless.  I like it when it means something.  The worst case of this is Foxboro - I hate that 3rd down foghorn - the Patriots could be up by 3 touchdowns and they still do that foghorn!  I know, I know...I'm no fun.

1 hour ago, nkypete said:

Let's see what happens in a packed stadium for that as well.  I was OK with the Boomer video.  However, I think our fans are already smart enough to get up and cheer and roar on defense on critical third downs and series during close games.  I have an issue with stuff like that when the game is out of reach for one team or another or the game is meaningless.  I like it when it means something.  The worst case of this is Foxboro - I hate that 3rd down foghorn - the Patriots could be up by 3 touchdowns and they still do that foghorn!  I know, I know...I'm no fun.

I been at many games where our fans weren’t smart and were yelling while we were on offense.  So I do think it is good to explain that to the fans lol. I see what you mean though about if the game is meaningless. 

• Like 1