July 17, 20215 yr HUGE series again, need 2 of 3 Whew, Winker has really hit the skids, extended for some time now!!
July 17, 20215 yr Felt good when I looked at the scorebard at one point. Looked back a bit later and they were losing 6-5 and then I guess it only got worse.
July 17, 20215 yr 4 hours ago, Jack of all Trades said: Seemed like the loss of Castellanos took the wind out of their sails. More about the bad bullpen rearing its head again. Garrett allowing another hit that drove in a run with an 0-2 count on a batter. He gives up more hits on winning counts for pitchers than any pitcher I can remember. Contrast with Hendrix who is afraid to throw a pitch in the strike zone and gets in bad count situations constantly.
July 18, 20215 yr Time for Garrett to go back to Louisville to work on his game or maybe just cut him loose. This team is showing the effects of not playing well under pressure.
July 18, 20215 yr Author Time for Garret to go somewhere, that’s for sure!!! This bullpen is just hideous!!
July 18, 20215 yr 1 hour ago, 16thBBall Fan said: Time for Garret to go somewhere, that’s for sure!!! This bullpen is just hideous!! Both teams' bullpens are equally futile. IF Castillo would wipe out the Reds bullpen, it would be justifiable homicide.
July 18, 20215 yr Author 51 minutes ago, Mustang said: Both teams' bullpens are equally futile. IF Castillo would wipe out the Reds bullpen, it would be justifiable homicide. LOL, yep!!
July 18, 20215 yr 10 hours ago, Jack of all Trades said: Time for Garrett to go back to Louisville to work on his game or maybe just cut him loose. This team is showing the effects of not playing well under pressure. The boos were pouring down the second they brought him in last night. And kind of rightfully so.
July 18, 20215 yr Author 8 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said: The boos were pouring down the second they brought him in last night. And kind of rightfully so. The pen has had a few moments (evidently the old saying “even a blind hog finds an acorn once in a while” applies here) but for the most part they’ve just been a joke!!
July 18, 20215 yr Two days I was hoping that the Reds would be buyers at the trade deadline. After these last three games, I'm thinking "sell" now.
July 18, 20215 yr 30 minutes ago, nkypete said: Two days I was hoping that the Reds would be buyers at the trade deadline. After these last three games, I'm thinking "sell" now. Yeah, this weekend was a disaster.
July 19, 20215 yr Wow, that was brutal. All you can do is put it in the rearview and get ready for the Mets. Although they are in first in the NL East, they are a beatable team. I plan on having my rear-end in a seat on Tuesday night.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.