Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky State Fair

Featured Replies

Anyone ever been? Looking for a late summer family thing. Where exactly is it? Frankfort I assume?

Many times. It’s in Louisville at the KY Fair and Expo Center.

On 6/29/2021 at 9:25 PM, PP1 said:

Anyone ever been? Looking for a late summer family thing. Where exactly is it? Frankfort I assume?

I've been many times since I live in Louisville. I also don't live far from KY Fair & Expo Center. I've also worked there with fire dept since we staff a fire company there during fair. I think your kids would enjoy it since can get up close to farm animals plus have rides. They have some live music and concerts. The exhibit halls are interesting. You can definitely spend a full day there seeing everything.

This makes the 9th summer I've lived in Louisville. Every year I tell myself I'm gonna go to the KY State Fair....and I'm yet to make it. I'm gonna make an honest and concerted effort make it this year.

August 19-29.

1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

This makes the 9th summer I've lived in Louisville. Every year I tell myself I'm gonna go to the KY State Fair....and I'm yet to make it. I'm gonna make an honest and concerted effort make it this year.

August 19-29.

I have the same problem with the Kenton County Fair.  I've lived here regularly since 1985 and only attended once.  By the way, the Kenton County Fair is THIS WEEK and, of course, I won't be able to make it.

https://www.kentoncountyfair.com/

We’ve been several times over the years.  We like to look at the quilts and the cakes, watch the herding dogs, maybe a concert, check out the agricultural exhibits. Pretty much every county has a booth with local information and they draw for door prizes.   Last time we went was two or three years ago, free tickets and transportation courtesy of one of Maysville’s many homemakers clubs  

But mostly I like to eat.  Seems I channel my inner Parker every time. 

And here’s a true story.  Several years ago my avatar sang the National Anthem at the horse show.  We sat a couple of seats from Captain James Tiberius Kirk. 

On 7/15/2021 at 7:05 PM, mcpapa said:

 But mostly I like to eat.  Seems I channel my inner Parker every time.

I don't go to the State Fair, but if I did, this would be the sole reason.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.