Devin Booker: The Next Big NBA Star?

I’m going on record as saying DBook is going to be the next big thing in the NBA. The bubble last year was just a glimpse, and after this first round against the Lakers, Booker showed what he’s capable of. I think with a more solid PG (Chris Paul is washed), Booker can flourish in PHX.

6 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I’m going on record as saying DBook is going to be the next big thing in the NBA. The bubble last year was just a glimpse, and after this first round against the Lakers, Booker showed what he’s capable of. I think with a more solid PG (Chris Paul is washed), Booker can flourish in PHX.

He's a total stud.  Has been for a while in the league but people are now finally paying attention because the Suns are actually pretty good.  

He's my favorite player in the NBA, even though I watch very little NBA.

5 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

He's a total stud.  Has been for a while in the league but people are now finally paying attention because the Suns are actually pretty good.  

He's my favorite player in the NBA, even though I watch very little NBA.

I knew he was a baller, for sure. During this series though, he showed he had some killer instinct mentality, and I’d imagine that will only grow with his game evolving. I’m excited to see how his career progresses. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I knew he was a baller, for sure. During this series though, he showed he had some killer instinct mentality, and I’d imagine that will only grow with his game evolving. I’m excited to see how his career progresses. 

I'm happy to see that he's starting to get more and more notoriety and I think you're right about this game.

Named my first pup after him, Booker.

Booker has an interesting game. He is not some kind of dead-eye three point shooter, but the casual fan may think that (last night he was on from deep). He has an old school mid-range or get to the rim type game. Still a little weak on the defensive end, but the addition of Ayton has helped that. Also, Booker is an incredibly underrated passer.

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

I am not a fan of CP3, but I can't deny the impact he has had on franchises the last few years. Dude is the epitome of a floor general and has allowed Booker, et al. to flourish. He is "washed" in the sense when you need him most, it seems he comes up gimpy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bugatti said:

I am not a fan of CP3, but I can't deny the impact he has had on franchises the last few years. Dude is the epitome of a floor general and has allowed Booker, et al. to flourish. He is "washed" in the sense when you need him most, it seems he comes up gimpy.

I heard an analyst commenting on this today. He was talking about the impact of Paul teaching Booker how to take his game to a higher level.

4 hours ago, bugatti said:

Something he is still very good at is settling a team that may be losing momentum. You could see that last night. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, PurplePride92 said:

If he can’t win this series then he’s just another great player and not a superstar.   

They are going to win the series. 

But even if they don't, it doesn't mean Booker won't be a superstar, he's just not one yet.