Kyle Pierce Resigns from Barren County

26 minutes ago, CoachHB said:

There has to be way more to this story for a long time Head Coach & AD to quit a new coaching job after only 2 months.

Believe it or not I actually heard he resigned to pursue a job as a pastor.

• Like 1

So he wasn't thinking about being a pastor in March?

Seems something is missing in this. But good luck to interim Coach Muse regardless  

Barren should be able to compete in their district but destabilization is the name of their game at present. 

14 minutes ago, Purple88 said:

So he wasn't thinking about being a pastor in March?

Seems something is missing in this. But good luck to interim Coach Muse regardless  

Barren should be able to compete in their district but destabilization is the name of their game at present. 

This is just what I’m hearing, but apparently the church is back in Edmonson County and there are a lot more things under the surface here then just “pursuing a pastor job”. 

Sounds to me like certain people in Brownsville didn’t take too well to him leaving and he crumbled under that pressure. Wish I could be a fly on the wall during that decision making process. 

• Thanks 1

If that’s true, I appreciate the calling he’s pursuing but I can’t say I endorse the position he put Barren County in. And IMO it closes a door on that career entirely. I don’t see how someone could hire him as a head coach now. 

• Like 2