Diamondbacks at Reds (4/20 - 4/22)

13 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

From what I recall, it was very light sprinkling when the inning started. Then Garrett turned it into a long inning and then by the time they brought in Sims it became a downpour. If Garrett had done his job, the Reds would have been batting with the lead when the downpour came, it would have been official and the Reds would have won.

Yes, Garrett has been just awful so far!

47 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

From what I recall, it was very light sprinkling when the inning started. Then Garrett turned it into a long inning and then by the time they brought in Sims it became a downpour. If Garrett had done his job, the Reds would have been batting with the lead when the downpour came, it would have been official and the Reds would have won.

Yeah, this is where it's hard to judge things based upon not being able to see the game myself.  Was just relaying what I had read from one of the reporters.

40 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Yes, Garrett has been just awful so far!

My man, I have to tell you I get a chuckle every time you post. If you ever watched Saturday night live, there used to be a character called Debbie Downer that comes to mind when reading your posts.  Every time she made one of her pessimistic comments there was a sound bite they played.  I wish I knew how to insert that image and sound bite here.

6 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

My man, I have to tell you I get a chuckle every time you post. If you ever watched Saturday night live, there used to be a character called Debbie Downer that comes to mind when reading your posts.  Every time she made one of her pessimistic comments there was a sound bite they played.  I wish I knew how to insert that image and sound bite here.

Guess that makes us even then, you give me a bunch of chuckles also!!Just honest observations my man!!  Did you get another chuckle watching Garrett’s 12.46 ERA go up??

58 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Guess that makes us even then, you give me a bunch of chuckles also!!Just honest observations my man!!  Did you get another chuckle watching Garrett’s 12.46 ERA go up??

But, tonight's comment is well deserved. Garrett is not getting it done.

After Mahle and Antone got the Reds to a 3-0 lead heading into the 9th, here's what the bullpen/defense did for the final 2 innings...

3 Hits (1 HR)

4 Walks

2 Hit-By-Pitches

2 Wild Pitches

1 Error

8 Runs

Mahle/Antone combined for 129 pitches with 89 of them strikes (69%)

Garrett/Fulmer/Perez/DeLeon combined for 55 pitches with only 25 of them strikes (45%)

45 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Antone is without question their best bullpen option, but not sure he should be closer.  Problem is they may have no alternative at this point in time.  There bullpen is comprised primarily of castoffs from other teams and that can never be a good thing.

I think we are on the same page here. I lean toward trying Sims as closer and keeping Antone in his current role.