4. Joey Votto 1B
5. Mike Moustakas 3B
6. Nick Senzel CF
7. Tucker Barnhart C
8. Jonathan India 2B
9. Luis Castillo P
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

Sounds like a bumblehead move by the umpires last night.  Probably going to come back and bite the Reds in the end.

I didn't get to see or pay much attention.  What was the bumblehead move, because they suspended the remainder of the game til today?

42 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I didn't get to see or pay much attention.  What was the bumblehead move, because they suspended the remainder of the game til today?

I'll answer my own question.  I'm guessing the bumblehead move was letting the game go on as long as it did and a player basically had to force the issue to suspend play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I'll answer my own question.  I'm guessing the bumblehead move was letting the game go on as long as it did and a player basically had to force the issue to suspend play.

Yeah.  I didn't see it either, but reading the recounts of it, it sounded like the grounds crew were literally standing, ready to jump out and put the tarp on at the beginning of the inning.

Now, this is going to sound like a homer-ism...but, if the umps had had the grounds crew come out before the top of the inning had started, and they never went back out...the game would have been "official", and the Reds would've won a rain-shortened game.

3 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

Yeah.  I didn't see it either, but reading the recounts of it, it sounded like the grounds crew were literally standing, ready to jump out and put the tarp on at the beginning of the inning.

Now, this is going to sound like a homer-ism...but, if the umps had had the grounds crew come out before the top of the inning had started, and they never went back out...the game would have been "official", and the Reds would've won a rain-shortened game.

From what I recall, it was very light sprinkling when the inning started. Then Garrett turned it into a long inning and then by the time they brought in Sims it became a downpour. If Garrett had done his job, the Reds would have been batting with the lead when the downpour came, it would have been official and the Reds would have won.