Mark Peach named head football coach at Danville.

If Clevenger is the guy he is said to be, then he will encourage those kids to play football and buy in to the new coach, regardless of how he feels about the Admin. Those kids only get four years of ball. Adults shouldn’t lay their burdens in the kids. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FLYGUY said:

If Clevenger is the guy he is said to be, then he will encourage those kids to play football and buy in to the new coach, regardless of how he feels about the Admin. Those kids only get four years of ball. Adults shouldn’t lay their burdens in the kids. 

I have not heard one word about Clay discouraging kids from playing football at Danville. He didn't ask for this scenario, either. 

Best of luck to Mark Peach. Wonderful man and football coach.

Mark & Clay are also both my Brothers in Christ. At the end of the day, that will mean more than any of this other stuff. 

• Like 8

I know Coach would never discouraged any kid from playing football at DHS, but it's not his job to advocate players to play/buy in for a new coach.  He did his job winning a State Championship for a school who turned their backs on him.  

I heard Coach Clevs parting message to his players at the banquet March 29th. It was to not let adults ruin football for them but to keep playing and enjoying the game, and he’d be keeping up with how they were doing and would always care about them. More than that but that was the jist of it and it ended with a standing ovation. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Sunny said:

I heard Coach Clevs parting message to his players at the banquet March 29th. It was to not let adults ruin football for them but to keep playing and enjoying the game, and he’d be keeping up with how they were doing and would always care about them. More than that but that was the jist of it and it ended with a standing ovation. 

Welcome to BGP @Sunny!

• Like 1