Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Big 10 vs The Field

Where Do The Champions Come From? 16 members have voted

  1. 1. Where Do The Champions Come From?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

If you had the chance to take the Big 10 or The Field on where the team that wins the National Championship comes from, who are you taking?

I'll take Gonzaga, so the field. 

Always roll with the field in college basketball. If the B1G can't get it done this year, you have to ask yourself, when? One of the more shocking things in college basketball is the fact the B1G hasn't won a title since 2000. Prior to that 1989. So two titles the last 32 years. The Pac-12(10) isn't much better, but during this time frame basketball has been Eastern/Central time zone dominate. 

If Gonzaga were to win it, they would be the first team from a mid-major to win it all since 1990. They would also be the first undefeated team since 1976. Another interesting note is that since '76, every champion has had a minimum of two losses. So, potential double-history to be made by Gonzaga. Stupid facts like this gave me anxiety going into the 2015 tournament and gave me relief following UK's loss in the SEC final to Vanderbilt in 2012.

Just now, bugatti said:

If Gonzaga were to win it, they would be the first team from a mid-major to win it all since 1990. They would also be the first undefeated team since 1976. Another interesting to note is that since '76, every champion has had a minimum of two losses. So, potential double-history to be made by Gonzaga.

I don't take Gonzaga anymore. ?

  • Author

I keep going back and forth on this bet.  I think I take the Field too.  Some random team that no one saw coming will probably win this crazy year.

I’ll take the field. 

Gonzaga has looked outstanding but they’re still Gonzaga... 

Even though UK didn’t make it, I’m as excited as ever for March Madness. If it goes anything like the regular season, it should be very entertaining.

  • Author
1 hour ago, MBWC41 said:

Even though UK didn’t make it, I’m as excited as ever for March Madness. If it goes anything like the regular season, it should be very entertaining.

I'm not at all.  My heart just isn't in it this year.  Maybe because I watched less college bball (other than UK) than ever before.  I gotta find a couple random teams to pull for.

 I’ll take the Field. Gonzaga and Baylor are probably the favorites. Bama and Texas are playing really well too along with Ok. St. Illinois definitely the best of the Big Ten with a real shot to make the Final 4. 

Related to this: 

Is Michigan now a "basketball school" more than a "football school"? 

 

This may deserve its own thread but this seemed correct place for the question.

On 3/15/2021 at 1:24 PM, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I'm not at all.  My heart just isn't in it this year.  Maybe because I watched less college bball (other than UK) than ever before.  I gotta find a couple random teams to pull for.

Let me suggest Iowa. I could watch Garza every night. They have depth and they have shooters. They move the ball so well. Their defense has improved through the season. Not saying they will win it but fun team to watch.

  • Author
9 minutes ago, Can'tcoach said:

Let me suggest Iowa. I could watch Garza every night. They have depth and they have shooters. They move the ball so well. Their defense has improved through the season. Not saying they will win it but fun team to watch.

I have enjoyed watching them the few times I did this season and I like the local connection.  Grandpa, who is a massive OSU fan, would kill me for that, but I can cheer for them on the down low haha!

I will say that if Gonzaga does not win it all this year, I never want to hear another thing about them being a big boy program. They have three of their starters on the top two AP All American teams. That is unheard of. For note, since Gonzaga became Gonzaga in 1999, they have only made one Final Four (title game) appearance. This coming after being annually gifted the easiest path to a title, since the NCAA is insistent on putting teams in by region. Gonzaga looks good early, dropping only a game or two, then will roll through their conference and we have to hear again how "this Gonzaga team is different." They are given the last #1 seed then lose second round to Wichita State.

That said, they do appear to be the real deal this season and should be the favorites.

I am picking Illinois to win it all. Why? I can't name one player on their team, but it feels appropriate for them to win it all in the COVID season, for that reason alone. If I had money on it, I would go the Zags (field).

  • Author

A buddy at work took the bet with me and I got the field for a whopping $5.  Let's go!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.