Justin Powell

Tomcats1990

5 minutes ago, Tomcats1990 said:

Breaking KSR just said Duke Louisville and Virginia have offered him a scholarship. He wants to play for KY. His Dad has said there's no way he is playing at Louisville. If CAL screws this up the fan base will explode.

Serious question. Have they (Powell camp) said he is dying to play for UK, or is this message board speculation? Does Donatie Allen's fake uncle on twitter have an opinion?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, bugatti said:

Serious question. Have they (Powell camp) said he is dying to play for UK, or is this message board speculation? Does Donatie Allen's fake uncle on twitter have an opinion?

Jones on KSR just got a text from someone close to the program who said what I repeated. Take it how you want to.

1 minute ago, Tomcats1990 said:

Jones on KSR just got a text from someone close to the program who said what I repeated. Take it how you want to.

In other words: No. 

Not saying it isn't true, but I am always skeptical of the "dad will not let his son play at X school" or "player Y only wants to play here" fodder until I hear that directly from them. All you are doing is setting up a self-fulfilling prophecy if he decides to go elsewhere.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

If he really wanted to play for Kentucky, why did he go to Auburn initially? Or did he really want to play for Kentucky then too?

Cal didn’t give him a look, didn’t have a 7 foot wing span and 42 inch vertical. Oh and isn’t a 5 star one and done.

AAB185DA-946A-4FA0-A413-DF9D7C0095D8.png

8 minutes ago, Tomcats1990 said:

Cal didn’t give him a look, didn’t have a 7 foot wing span and 42 inch vertical. Oh and isn’t a 5 star one and done.

AAB185DA-946A-4FA0-A413-DF9D7C0095D8.png

If only Cal would just recruit just the Kentucky All-Star team all would be right in the BBN.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tones said:

If only Cal would just recruit just the Kentucky All-Star team all would be right in the BBN.

Without a doubt. You know the old saying how something isn't an exact science. Well, recruiting to UK is.

- Secure any Kentucky born player going on to play division 1 basketball.
- Secure any top shelf talent and make sure they stay three plus years for the love of the jersey.

Sure, the roster will be over 85 players, but what are you going to do?

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Tomcats1990 said:

To be honest CALs roster management isn’t all that good. He never uses all of his scholarships and hasn’t for many seasons. You can’t get every good D1 bound KY kid but you have to get a couple every year or 2. 

So effectively a roster with half of it being from Kentucky.