Justin Powell

Tomcats1990

On 3/10/2021 at 7:18 PM, Tomcats1990 said:

I’m complaining that he has 13 scholarships available and this season is using 11. He doesn’t use them and has said on multiple occasions he would not be caught short handed after the Jamal Murray, Tyler Ullis, Skal team yet continues to be short handed year after year. Fill the dang roster with players who can play at this level.

On 3/10/2021 at 7:27 PM, futurecoach said:

In today’s world of college basketball, it honestly  is smart not to use every single scholarship. With how often players transfer for every team these days. To how here at UK not sure who will go pro and who will stay. You need to know you definitely will have scholarships that will be available to offer, when recruiting. 

Plus at this rate would just give fans more to complain about, on how little Johnny who is a KY boy isn’t getting a fair shot and should be getting to play. If you just give scholarships just to give them. 

People can complain all this want, but until this season. The way Cal has our rosters together has led to tons of success here. 

Nailed it again, as usual.

• 4 weeks later...

Committed to Tennessee. It’ll be interesting now to see if the SEC waives their rule about having to sit a year after transferring in conference. Commissioner said earlier this season that he would only do it if all schools agreed unanimously. I’m sure either way, Powell and UT can appeal on the “closer to home grounds”

On 3/10/2021 at 12:42 PM, Tomcats1990 said:

To be honest CALs roster management isn’t all that good. He never uses all of his scholarships and hasn’t for many seasons. You can’t get every good D1 bound KY kid but you have to get a couple every year or 2. 

Those walk-ons help that APR. Not only does the program attain a good threshold, coaches usually receive an incentive (bonus). Smart move.

16 minutes ago, 9068 said:

Those walk-ons help that APR. Not only does the program attain a good threshold, coaches usually receive an incentive (bonus). Smart move.

Not on the court smart move. Get 13 guys who can play KY basketball.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tomcats1990 said:

Not on the court smart move. Get 13 guys who can play KY basketball.

I honestly no longer know what Kentucky Basketball is. Not the style of play and players I'm accustomed to seeing.

• Confused 2