John Higgins

The Flea Market

On 2/26/2021 at 11:18 AM, The Flea Market said:

Has he been in time out long enough? Will he ever get the honor of calling another UK game?

You are serious about the "honor" part right? That guy has a pretty strong officiating resume. The best officials treat every game as their "big" game. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Flea Market said:

I talked to many college officials and they all say it cuts deep when you get scratched from any school. 

Then they shouldn't be officials. 

Not to mention, a school can't control what officials are assigned to their games. 

If he is comfortable being assigned a UK game, then I think they should give him some games on the road (I wouldn't ask him to do it at Rupp for a while).  Send the message that a fanbase is not going to be allowed to manipulate the system to keep an official from working their games.

Kentucky fans HATE Doug Shows - hasn't kept him from officiating their games. 

It is a unwritten rule that if you  make mad a whole state or have a bad issue your assigner will not send you there, Higgins is not a SEC official so the only games he would get would be games like the Champions classic and UK would have to agree on the refs. He will probably never call a UK game as long as Cal is here!

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, The Flea Market said:

It is a unwritten rule that if you  make mad a whole state or have a bad issue your assigner will not send you there, Higgins is not a SEC official so the only games he would get would be games like the Champions classic and UK would have to agree on the refs. He will probably never call a UK game as long as Cal is here!

You're a college official?

• Like 1