Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will MLB season start on time?

Will the MLB season start on time? 5 members have voted

  1. 1. Will the MLB season start on time?

    • Yes, it will start on time
      100%
    • No, it will be pushed back at least a month
      0%
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Word is someone wants MLB to push back the start of their season until Johnson & Johnson can finish up with their version of the vaccine.  The result being, that the players would be (able to) vaccinated before the season starts.

Starting a month later was a plan that Rob Manfred was proposing, and already got swatted down by the MLBPA.  I don't see how this coming from someone else is going to change their minds.  And I really don't see them being able to force all players to be vaccinated before being cleared to play.  This is going to get ugly, imo.

What say you?  Will the MLB season start on time?

They absolutely can force players to be vaccinated, IMO. 

12 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

They absolutely can force players to be vaccinated, IMO. 

Agreed. I don’t think that will be an issue in the slightest. It will be collectively bargained, but unless baseball just has a higher collection of anti-vaxxers than the rest of the population the MLB and the MLBPA will have no issues coming to an agreement on mandatory vaccinations. 

Just now, GrantNKY said:

Agreed. I don’t think that will be an issue in the slightest. It will be collectively bargained, but unless baseball just has a higher collection of anti-vaxxers than the rest of the population the MLB and the MLBPA will have no issues coming to an agreement on mandatory vaccinations. 

Right. Get vaccinated or don't play.

4 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Right. Get vaccinated or don't play.

Better yet, get vaccinated or don’t get paid. 

They are pressing forward with spring training on time... for now.

But yeah, MLB would like to shorten the season a bit, but allow time to get fans in the stands, while also having some scheduled double-headers.

12 minutes ago, bugatti said:

They are pressing forward with spring training on time... for now.

But yeah, MLB would like to shorten the season a bit, but allow time to get fans in the stands, while also having some scheduled double-headers.

That could easily cost me $100 in beer. 

1 hour ago, theguru said:

That could easily cost me $100 in beer. 

Didn't realize you attend amateur night.

?

2 hours ago, theguru said:

That could easily cost me $100 in beer. 

So 4 beers? 

  • Author
16 hours ago, GrantNKY said:

Agreed. I don’t think that will be an issue in the slightest. It will be collectively bargained, but unless baseball just has a higher collection of anti-vaxxers than the rest of the population the MLB and the MLBPA will have no issues coming to an agreement on mandatory vaccinations. 

I just don't see it.  This is a union that will say the sky is red, just because the owners say it's blue.  They don't make concessions easily, no matter how much common sense it may make.  They just don't like being told what to do.

I think they'll point to the NBA, NFL and NHL having a lot more direct face-to-face competition (literally breathing inches away someone's face) and yet somehow are playing without being vaccinated.

And I don't think it has anything to do with being an anti-vaxxer, as much as it is the league always saying what drugs/supplements you CAN'T use...and then turning around and saying everyone MUST take this "medicine".  And heaven forbid, if a player has a negative reaction to the vaccine.

I guess I'm in the minority here, because I expect this to really become a fight.

16 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

They absolutely can force players to be vaccinated, IMO. 

Totally.

Hell the brewery that I work at is forcing us to get vaccinated (with I don't have an issue with) unless we have some type of medical reason not to.

On the news yesterday I heard them discuss this very topic and they were saying that past lawsuits would point in the direction of favoring the employers.

Who knows with the Union though.

23 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Totally.

Hell the brewery that I work at is forcing us to get vaccinated (with I don't have an issue with) unless we have some type of medical reason not to.

On the news yesterday I heard them discuss this very topic and they were saying that past lawsuits would point in the direction of favoring the employers.

Who knows with the Union though.

I wouldn't even give the out of a medical reason not to. You're either vaccinated or you don't play. 

1 hour ago, CincySportsFan said:

I just don't see it.  This is a union that will say the sky is red, just because the owners say it's blue.  They don't make concessions easily, no matter how much common sense it may make.  They just don't like being told what to do.

I think they'll point to the NBA, NFL and NHL having a lot more direct face-to-face competition (literally breathing inches away someone's face) and yet somehow are playing without being vaccinated.

And I don't think it has anything to do with being an anti-vaxxer, as much as it is the league always saying what drugs/supplements you CAN'T use...and then turning around and saying everyone MUST take this "medicine".  And heaven forbid, if a player has a negative reaction to the vaccine.

I guess I'm in the minority here, because I expect this to really become a fight.

Maybe I’m just viewing it between rose colored glasses or something, but the overwhelming majority of people are on board with the vaccine. That just seems like a really tone-deaf hill to die on if you’re the MLBPA. The only possible argument I could see the PA making is if the rollout of vaccines hasn’t been as swift as it should be (which so far it hasn’t), and there are more at risks populations that need to be vaccinated and the MLB essentially “stealing” the vaccines from those who need it more than them, I could potentially see them taking that stance and delaying the mandatory vaccinations until the rollout has reached the point where anyone that wants one, can get one. Beyond that, I don’t see then turning down vaccinations simply to spurn the MLB. 

1 minute ago, GrantNKY said:

Maybe I’m just viewing it between rose colored glasses or something, but the overwhelming majority of people are on board with the vaccine.

You're not wrong. Of course there will always be the anti-vaxxers and people who just want to be stubborn, but the majority of people are on board with the vaccine. 

18 hours ago, bugatti said:

They are pressing forward with spring training on time... for now.

But yeah, MLB would like to shorten the season a bit, but allow time to get fans in the stands, while also having some scheduled double-headers.

I'd say a 140 game schedule (Minor League Baseball has used this for years) and a few 7-inning doubleheaders throughout the season could work for this season, provided players are vaccinated as others have said.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.