CFP: National Championship #3 Ohio State vs. #1 Alabama Predictions/Updates

16thBBall Fan

CFP: Ohio State vs Alabama  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/12/2021 at 01:00 AM

Just now, NKYCoach859 said:

I agree. Just thought it may be a possibility as people scrutinized them being in the playoff in the first place. 

There will definitely be people that bring it up. I think most people believed OSU was one of the best four teams in the country regardless of how many games they played. If they beat Clemson and Alabama, there really is no debate, IMO. 

1 minute ago, TheDeuce said:

There will definitely be people that bring it up. I think most people believed OSU was one of the best four teams in the country regardless of how many games they played. If they beat Clemson and Alabama, there really is no debate, IMO. 

That’s not an opinion, it’s a fact.  We’ve already proven ourselves.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GrantNKY said:

It should be illegal to have to work on the day your team is in the Natty. Come 4:30 though, my heart rate will be through the roof until that last second ticks off the clock. It wouldn’t be appropriate for OSU to be in this position without a ton of adversity of faux controversy. Let’s hope our boys bring it home tonight! 

I know what you mean. It is a rush to have your squad playing in the natty. I think OSU wins in a really fun game. OSU looks like a ticked-off well-oiled machine. And Bama is Bama. Got to love college football. Best of luck tonight. You have your food and drinks all ready to go?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John Anthony said:

He earns all the negativity he gets.  I was pointing out if we beat Bama, there’s nothing but respect for them.  Bama is the bar in college football.

Hey man I get you. The way it played out I would feel the same way most likely. Good luck and have fun watching them Buckeyes play for the big one. I think they have a good chance.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Hey man I get you. The way it played out I would feel the same way most likely. Good luck and have fun watching them Buckeyes play for the big one. I think they have a good chance.

Appreciate it my man!  The line has moved to Bama -9, a lot of late money coming in on Bama. I don’t like seeing that, please hold up OSU secondary.

Also, hearing possible Covid issues with the OSU kicking team and Dline.  Backup RB Miyan “Meatball” Williams is out.  Need Master Teague back, I’m guessing Vegas got word of some of this.

22 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

I know what you mean. It is a rush to have your squad playing in the natty. I think OSU wins in a really fun game. OSU looks like a ticked-off well-oiled machine. And Bama is Bama. Got to love college football. Best of luck tonight. You have your food and drinks all ready to go?

Oh yeah. Beer and liquor run after work and finalizing the wings order right now to pick up around 6:30. Stocked humidor for a hopeful victory cigar on the deck after the game. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

Appreciate it my man!  The line has moved to Bama -9, a lot of late money coming in on Bama. I don’t like seeing that, please hold up OSU secondary.

Also, hearing possible Covid issues with the OSU kicking team and Dline.  Backup RB Miyan “Meatball” Williams is out.  Need Master Teague back, I’m guessing Vegas got word of some of this.

On a Vegas note, I got a notice from my book that they boosted the odds for Bama to win so that raised my eyebrows on the fact maybe Vegas feels good about OSU. Who knows? Haha 

19 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

All they need is that OLine, Sermon, Fields and Olave. They can win with that. Just stop the deep ball. Pass interference is better than a TD. And run the ball all day long. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John Anthony said:

Game day!!  Man, what an incredible ride from the B1G trying to cancel the season, to OSU not belonging, all the way to the Natty.  I wish other fanbases could experience the nerves and anxiety today of waiting for kickoff.  OSU has their hands full against Bama.  I think this is might be the best Bama offense under Saban ever.  Will the OSU defense prove my early season criticism wrong?  Also, I know we have a few Bama fans on here, we have full respect for you all.  You’re not Dabo in full 1980 WWF talk smack, look like an idiot mode.    @GrantNKY

Is this Alabama's best offense, or is the competition been less this year? I don't know, Mac Jones just doesn't move the needle for me. Other Alabama QBs have been blah as well and still won, but I just don't see some kind of dynamic force under Center. Even if the offense is really good, there is no denying their defense is, especially in the back end,  weak by Bama standards.

Who knows? I can't make much of the results in this COVID season. Granted, OSU opened a can of you know what against Clemson, but a couple weeks earlier against Northwestern they didn't look the part, nor did they against Indiana. And hell, that's a quarter of their games. 

30 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

How do you stop Devonta Smith?  I feel like you gotta Steph Curry him.

You don’t. We didn’t really stop Trevor Lawrence in the Clemson game either. Stopping Najee Harris like we did ETN will be the key to victory on defense. 

• Like 1