Beechwood 24 Lexington Christian Academy 23 (Class 2A State Championship) (OT)

theguru

13 minutes ago, tcjkbt said:

What do the official rules say about the narrower uprights and hash marks?     I would guess that they have to be permissible.

From 2014 NFHS Football Rules:

Rule 1, § 2, Article 3.e, Note 2

"It is permissible to use college or professional fields with hash marks marked at the distance specified by their respective codes."

Rule 1, §2, Article 5.d, Note 1

"It is permissible to use college or professional fields with goal post uprights set at the width specified by their respective codes."

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, NKY25 said:

Preach. Unreal performance from the Tiger D. 

Not to mention that Hergott went 12-26 and had 2 picks. Would have been 4 or 5 picks if not for lucky flags. Overall, a very sloppy game with a lot of turnovers and penalties.

1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Beechwood's 20th appearance in the state finals, and first appearance in the 2A finals. The Tigers won their 15th football championship trophy - Coach Noel Rash's 6th as head coach.

(EDITED)

1 hour ago, BillNye said:

Rash is 6-2 in the title game. Pretty damn impressive. 

It could just be me, but I think it's been a very quiet six championships. He's building his own legend while following a Mount Rushmore caliber coach at Beechwood, plus several other guys around him on the list of titles won are contemporaries that are either still coaching or recently retired. On top of that, he seems like a humble, unassuming man. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DevilMayCare said:

It could just be me, but I think it's been a very quiet six championships. He's building his own legend while following a Mount Rushmore caliber coach at Beechwood, plus several other guys around him on the list of titles won are contemporaries that are either still coaching or recently retired. On top of that, he seems like a humble, unassuming man. 

Noel is a really, really good guy, and a damn fine coach.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, DevilMayCare said:

Mr Jim an assistant coach has been with Beechwood since the 70’s. Bob Burnett the OL coach has been with them since 1991. I know he left for a few years then he came back. Noah has a lot of guys on his coaching staff with a lot of experience. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WCardinal said:

WOW...

So here's the controversial question.... Should the goalposts be switched out for Championship games?

24-23 Beechwood vs. 20-17 LCA...........

Dear KHSAA,

Please require the stadium hosting the football state championships to switch out college goalposts for high school goalposts in the championship games.

Sincerely,

Lexington Christian Academy

Cosigned: Elizabethown

7 minutes ago, Jason Bucklen said:

Mr Jim an assistant coach has been with Beechwood since the 70’s. Bob Burnett the OL coach has been with them since 1991. I know he left for a few years then he came back. Noah has a lot of guys on his coaching staff with a lot of experience. 

Beechwood has a super experienced, deep coaching staff.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jason Bucklen said:

Ryan Baugh spent 7 or 8 years on Lynn Ray's coaching staff at Cov Cath in the late 90s and early 00s. I know he's been on Rash's staff since Dayton & Duncan started playing (funny, I remember seeing the twins' birth announcement, which called them "future Colonels" 😂)  Bob Bruno spent roundabout the same time period on Lynn Ray's coaching staff too. I know he switched over to Beechwood when Coach Ray retired...he was still coaching at Beechwood fairly recently, but I'm not sure if he's still there.

Good coaches though...ALL of the coaches at Beechwood are good coaches!

• Like 1

Just now, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Ryan Baugh spent 7 or 8 years on Lynn Ray's coaching staff at Cov Cath in the late 90s and early 00s. I know he's been on Rash's staff since Dayton & Duncan started playing (funny, I remember seeing the twins' birth announcement, which called them "future Colonels" 😂)  Bob Bruno spent roundabout the same time period on Lynn Ray's coaching staff too. I know he switched over to Beechwood when Coach Ray retired...he was still coaching at Beechwood fairly recently, but I'm not sure if he's still there.

Yeah Bob Bruno is still there I’m pretty sure. He was there last year. 

3 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Is Adam Mccormicks son’s playing at Beechwood?