Mike Holcomb to Madison Central

11 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Tough to complain about hiring a guy who walks in the door with 33 years of coaching experience, 3 state titles as a head coach, and almost 300 wins.

Has Holcomb been coaching anywhere since he left Letcher Central in 2015?

He’s helped Coach Moore for the past few years with the Breathitt County program. I think it was as a volunteer. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, All State Baseball said:

If I'm not mistaken he wanted the Madison Central job back when Mark Scenters was hired. I think Madison Central is the only job he would leave Breathitt County for. 

He didn’t want the job then. He had the job back when Paul Rains was hired in 97. He backed out last minute. Used Central to leverage for more money from Breathitt. 

20 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy said:

This has been in the works for a couple months. Holcomb, Feldhaus, Fritz and Ron Eden are all big buddies. Couple more steps to the whole process being complete. 

16 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy said:

He didn’t want the job then. He had the job back when Paul Rains was hired in 97. He backed out last minute. Used Central to leverage for more money from Breathitt. 

Welcome to BGP @GoodOleBoy!

10 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy said:

Richmond Register is saying it’s official. You guys are good, they said on Twitter that he didn’t interview until today.....🤔

My understanding is that there was some "finalizing" to be done before any official announcement was made. With Coach Holcomb's resume, maybe "finalizing" was an actual interview?

• 4 weeks later...