West Carter 25 Russell 21

theguru

West Carter's o-line deserves some pub. Russell's pass rush made very little impact tonight. And one of the few times they got to Perry, he still connected on a touchdown pass inside the final minute. They were tough up front.

The onside kick at the end was perfectly executed. It was lined up to go left, but the kicker flicked it backside to the right. I don't know that I've ever seen one of those successfully executed at the high school level before. 

Russell looks out of sorts. This is not the time to be regressing. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Congrats to West Carter! I love seeing teams step up and take on challenges. Very good RPI win for West also. They jump up to #3 in RPI. LCA #1 and Beechwood #2.

I still see WC at #4 in the RPI with Beechwood #2....it appears, however, the Mayfield win hasn't been counted yet. Correct me if I'm seeing it incorrectly!

By the way, for those of you that haven't seen how this game ended, go find highlilghts. WC won on a hail mary at the horn. Awesome clip. 

Congrats to the Comets!

11 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Congrats to West Carter! I love seeing teams step up and take on challenges. Very good RPI win for West also. They jump up to #3 in RPI. LCA #1 and Beechwood #2.

Scratch that..saw the update. Wow, can't underscore enough how crucial moving into the #2 slot is for Beechwood.