theguru

Beechwood 45 Newport Central Catholic 0

Final.

It was all Tigers all the time.

What a great game for The Beechwood Tigers. Defense dominated NCC’s offense all night. Can Hergott is a stud and I love watching juke and jive players when he runs. Mitchell Berger is a great young player and he is gonna be really good in 2 years as he matures. The touchdown catch before half should be played on “You Got Mossed”. Hated seeing Parker Mason go down tonight but according to the announcers he had ice on his ankle but was walking around. Hopefully he won’t be out long. Wish NCC luck in the 1A playoffs and hope they bring another 1A title back to NKY.

• Thanks 1

Not sure how many people watched that tonight, but Beechwood just dismantled a very good NCC team. Cam Hergott contines to emerge as a legit candidate for Mr. Football this season. Not sure how many watched the 859 Sports broadcast tonight, but he put on a CLINIC. The man among boys type..

Hergott finished with 3 more TD passes, one each to junior wide outs Brady Moore, Parker Mason, and Liam McCormack. He now has 17 touchdowns on the year against only 3 picks. Oh, and he also added his 7th rushing TD of the season early in the contest. 

Sophmore breakout superstar RB/WR/ATH Mitchell Berger added his 4th rushing TD of the season in the first half (he now has nine on the year - 5 through the air, 4 on the ground). Junior tailback Bomani Hughes scored the only TD of the second half on a 5 yard scamper. The score was Hughes' first varsity TD.

I know there was some chatter in the update thread about seeing Beechwood against the top 4 in AA. I really believe they're absoluely in the top four already and, along with LCA and Mayfield, in the top tier of AA. The thing about this team is there is SO MANY WEAPONS for Hergott to choose from. He has five capable WR's (Moore, Berger, McCormack, Mason, Keaton Durrett) and a stable of backs that call ALL catch out of the backfield. 

Really fun team to watch. I think they can do some real damage. They're just more dynamic than they were last season. Can't wait to see - hopefully/fingers crossed/prayers - what the rest of the season holds. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

NCC no match for the Tigers at all no contest.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BWTigers said:

What a great game for The Beechwood Tigers. Defense dominated NCC’s offense all night. Can Hergott is a stud and I love watching juke and jive players when he runs. Mitchell Berger is a great young player and he is gonna be really good in 2 years as he matures. The touchdown catch before half should be played on “You Got Mossed”. Hated seeing Parker Mason go down tonight but according to the announcers he had ice on his ankle but was walking around. Hopefully he won’t be out long. Wish NCC luck in the 1A playoffs and hope they bring another 1A title back to NKY.

Soooo happy to see Parker Mason up and walking around. While the Tigers have a deep aresenal of offensive weapons, his versatility in the offensive scheme and his always being a threat in the return game makes him one of Beechwood's  most valuable players. He's not a player you replace...so, thankful he - at least it appears - wasn't hurt too badly. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BrosefStalin said:

Not sure how many people watched that tonight, but Beechwood just dismantled a very good NCC team. Cam Hergott contines to emerge as a legit candidate for Mr. Football this season. Not sure how many watched the 859 Sports broadcast tonight, but he put on a CLINIC. The man among boys type..

Hergott finished with 3 more TD passes, one each to junior wide outs Brady Moore, Parker Mason, and Liam McCormack. He now has 17 touchdowns on the year against only 3 picks. Oh, and he also added his 7th rushing TD of the season early in the contest. 

Sophmore breakout superstar RB/WR/ATH Mitchell Berger added his 4th rushing TD of the season in the first half (he now has nine on the year - 5 through the air, 4 on the ground). Junior tailback Bomani Hughes scored the only TD of the second half on a 5 yard scamper. The score was Hughes' first varsity TD.

I know there was some chatter in the update thread about seeing Beechwood against the top 4 in AA. I really believe they're absoluely in the top four already and, along with LCA and Mayfield, in the top tier of AA. The thing about this team is there is SO MANY WEAPONS for Hergott to choose from. He has five capable WR's (Moore, Berger, McCormack, Mason, Keaton Durrett) and a stable of backs that call ALL catch out of the backfield. 

Really fun team to watch. I think they can do some real damage. They're just more dynamic than they were last season. Can't wait to see - hopefully/fingers crossed/prayers - what the rest of the season holds. 

Thanks @BrosefStalin, great stuff!

• Thanks 1

Just now, Doubledee said:

NCC no match for the Tigers at all no contest.

This is now four games in a row that have been beyond lopsided - Holy Cross, Lloyd, Newport, and now NCC. The scores of all of those games don't indicate how clearly dominant Beechwood was in those games. 

So I'm trying to figure out -- is it possible there are just that many "not very good" teams in NKY this year or are the Tigers THAT good?

I'm beginning to think they indeed are THAT good. 

1 minute ago, BrosefStalin said:

This is now four games in a row that have been beyond lopsided - Holy Cross, Lloyd, Newport, and now NCC. The scores of all of those games don't indicate how clearly dominant Beechwood was in those games. 

So I'm trying to figure out -- is it possible there are just that many "not very good" teams in NKY this year or are the Tigers THAT good?

I'm beginning to think they indeed are THAT good. 

I don't think there are many very good teams in KY period. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BrosefStalin said:

This is the first time I have watched them all year. With all of the weapons they have it reminds me of the weapons we had on the Beechwood teams in the 90’s. 

2 minutes ago, Jason Bucklen said:

This is the first time I have watched them all year. With all of the weapons they have it reminds me of the weapons we had on the Beechwood teams in the 90’s. 

I agree Beechwood looked like world beaters tonight but I fear NCC just isn't very good this year so it is hard to compare with past Tiger teams. 

• Like 2

Oh my...

Corbin 38, Somerset 14 - 2nd Half

1. This confirms my belief that this is a three headed TIER 1 - LCA, Beechwood, Mayfield in no particular order. 

2. This further emboldens those across the state that believe Hergott should be a legit candidate for Mr. Football. Those who believed early on that Hergott had no chance at consideration mainly bc of UK-signee Kaiya Sherron at Somerset being the better AA QB. To date, Hergott's season has been statistically better and now Beechwood will be ranked ahead of Somerset. 

3. Stunned, simply stunned Corbin is up so much on the Briar Jumpers. Curious what's going on down there tonight? Sherron not playing? Grundy out? Doan? Seems like there has to be a missing piece of information for the score to be that out of hand. 

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

I agree Beechwood looked like world beaters tonight but I fear NCC just isn't very good this year so it is hard to compare with past Tiger teams. 

Yeah good point I’m not saying they are as good as of yet I’m just saying with all of the weapons they have is what I meant. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jason Bucklen said:

Yeah good point I’m not saying they are as good as of yet I’m just saying with all of the weapons they have is what I meant. 

I hear you, I love this Tiger team. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

I hear you, I love this Tiger team. 

Me too! “Once a Tiger always a Tiger”

• Like 2