Beechwood 56 Newport 7

theguru

Newport struggled to do anything and although they lead the state of Ky in interceptions, much of that is the level of competition they play.  Beechwood is on a whole different level right now.  

Lets hope next 2 weeks everybody stays healthy and goes into the playoffs ready.

I personally would love to see the state say ok lets cancel the last week and get the playoffs started, but I get it and am glad kids are playing as many games as possible.

36 minutes ago, cincyswords said:

Newport struggled to do anything and although they lead the state of Ky in interceptions, much of that is the level of competition they play.  Beechwood is on a whole different level right now.  

Lets hope next 2 weeks everybody stays healthy and goes into the playoffs ready.

I personally would love to see the state say ok lets cancel the last week and get the playoffs started, but I get it and am glad kids are playing as many games as possible.

You and I both!!

1 hour ago, Pacman69 said:

Tigers are the 2nd best team in 2A right now! I fully expect them to be playing at Kroger!

I’m all for the Tigers, I mean truly. But let’s not jump the gun just yet. LCA and Somerset are two teams that are outstanding, and personally I think both are better than the tigers right now from what I’ve seen on film. Luckily though for the tigers they will have to play one another in the playoffs early. But as of right now Beechwood is the 3rd best team, in my eyes from what I’ve seen. 

8 minutes ago, ImJustHere said:

I’m all for the Tigers, I mean truly. But let’s not jump the gun just yet. LCA and Somerset are two teams that are outstanding, and personally I think both are better than the tigers right now from what I’ve seen on film. Luckily though for the tigers they will have to play one another in the playoffs early. But as of right now Beechwood is the 3rd best team, in my eyes from what I’ve seen. 

Realistically, there's no way to gauge which team is better between Beechwood and Somerset unless they play. The one thing I will say is it does seem like one team is trending UP and the other is trending DOWN. 

With LCA just squeaking by Danville tonight, we have more evidence it's gonna be a heck of a AA playoff run this year. 

• Like 1

Additionally, I think you can make a strong case for all four of the top AA (LCA, Mayfield, Beechwood, Somerset) teams at this point. It's tighter than I think most people thought between those four teams, especially after seeing Somerset lose to LCA last week, Mayfield barely edge Murray in OT last night, and LCA narrowly beating Danville tonight.

West Carter, Hancock Co, Owensboro Catholic, and Breathitt County, I think, for different reasons are still question marks. We'll know more about them in coming weeks. 

1 hour ago, BrosefStalin said:

Realistically, there's no way to gauge which team is better between Beechwood and Somerset unless they play. The one thing I will say is it does seem like one team is trending UP and the other is trending DOWN. 

With LCA just squeaking by Danville tonight, we have more evidence it's gonna be a heck of a AA playoff run this year. 

I’d have to agree. Beechwood is hitting stride while Somerset is looking a little more beatable every game I see them play. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ImJustHere said:

Maybe so. I’m just saying that at this moment in time I would pick them to beat Somerset. Both the Briar Jumpers and Tigers have big games this week so maybe that will give us a better indicator of who is the 2nd best team in 2A.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BrosefStalin said:

Additionally, I think you can make a strong case for all four of the top AA (LCA, Mayfield, Beechwood, Somerset) teams at this point. It's tighter than I think most people thought between those four teams, especially after seeing Somerset lose to LCA last week, Mayfield barely edge Murray in OT last night, and LCA narrowly beating Danville tonight.

West Carter, Hancock Co, Owensboro Catholic, and Breathitt County, I think, for different reasons are still question marks. We'll know more about them in coming weeks. 

I agree 100%. I still think LCA is the clear top dog. From the game thread on here, looked like LCA was down a few starters at Danville and I think that’s why that game was so close. Mayfield/Murray/Caldwell County have all been tremendous football games. The second tier teams in 2A will get their chance to prove how good they are in the remaining two games of this wild regular season.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pacman69 said:

Maybe so. I’m just saying that at this moment in time I would pick them to beat Somerset. Both the Briar Jumpers and Tigers have big games this week so maybe that will give us a better indicator of who is the 2nd best team in 2A.

I understand that completely. I’ve seen Somerset on film, and the tigers in person every week this season. These last two games will give me more hope as for what’s to come this years playoffs. Last year the tigers lost to NewCath by less than a touchdown. If they can soundly beat NCC and then go on to beat Meade county, (who I know nothing about whatsoever) then I will be on the State Finals or bust train. But for right now. Let’s take one week at a time.