Dixie Heights at Ryle Predictions/Updates ***Upset Alert***

Who wins?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/16/2020 at 11:00 PM

After the first week of district competition in 6A District 6, Ryle and Dixie Heights are the two teams left undefeated within the district. Come Friday night there will only be one. Dixie Heights sits with a 3-2 overall record this season, with losses to Cov Cath and Corbin, and then three straight wins, with the most recent coming this past Thursday over district competitor Simon Kenton in 28-14 fashion. Ryle is sitting with a 2-3 record for the season, with losses at the hands of Highlands, Beechwood, and Scott County. The knocked off Boone County in Week 1, and beat district competitor Campbell County 21-7 this past Friday.

The Colonels offense has been averaging 135 yards rushing, 125 yards passing and 24 points per game, while the defense has been allowing 67 yards rushing, 116 yards passing, and 19 points per game.  For the Raiders, the offense has been averaging 81 yards rushing, 156 yards passing, and 21 points per game, while their D has been allowing 139 yards rushing, 103 yards passing, and 20 points per game.

Ryle will play host to Dixie on Friday, with the kick at 7:00.

image.thumb.png.3c9a29ede36f084d9f2b5ba72bfdb430.png

Recent Record
2019: Dixie Heights 18-6 (Playoffs)
2019: Ryle 13-8
2018: Dixie Heights 41-14
2017: Ryle 43-18
2016: Ryle 43-14
2015: Ryle 31-14
2014: Dixie Heights 46-21 (Playoffs)
2014: Dixie Heights 35-24

• Thanks 1

• theguru changed the title to Dixie Heights at Ryle Predictions/Updates
22 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Recent Record
2019: Ryle 13-8
2018: Dixie Heights 41-14
2017: Ryle 43-18
2016: Ryle 43-14
2015: Ryle 31-14
2014: Dixie Heights 46-21 (Playoffs)
2014: Dixie Heights 35-24

Dixie also beat Ryle in the 2019 playoffs, 18 - 6.

I think Dixie will win this matchup as well.

• Thanks 1

I think Dixie wins this. But I'm not 100% on that thought. It appears Ryle is getting better every week. They have a good defensive front. Dixie had a lot of injuries against SK last week. I have no idea how that effects their lineup, but it might. Dixies running game may not find it easy sledding. If Ryle can limit the mistakes against an opportunistic Dixie defense they keep this close and will potentially be in a position to win it. Gonna be either a close defensive slugfest that could go either way, or a Dixie blowout.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hogstooth said:

I think Dixie wins this. But I'm not 100% on that thought. It appears Ryle is getting better every week. They have a good defensive front. Dixie had a lot of injuries against SK last week. I have no idea how that effects their lineup, but it might. Dixies running game may not find it easy sledding. If Ryle can limit the mistakes against an opportunistic Dixie defense they keep this close and will potentially be in a position to win it. Gonna be either a close defensive slugfest that could go either way, or a Dixie blowout.

As long as the injuries weren't on the line or Landers, Dixie has the depth elsewhere to overcome them. 

• Like 1

• theguru changed the title to Dixie Heights at Ryle Predictions/Updates ***Upset Alert***