Trinity 40 Ballard 0

12 minutes ago, theguru said:

I don't know if you watched any of it but Trinity looked like world beaters. 

According to the Trinity radio guys  Ballard had 9 yards total offense and 1 first down.   I'm still a  little concerned about the OL for Trinity.   West became more comfortable at QB as the game went on, I thought.

1 minute ago, tcjkbt said:

According to the Trinity radio guys  Ballard had 9 yards total offense and 1 first down.   I'm still a  little concerned about the OL for Trinity.   West became more comfortable at QB as the game went on, I thought.

I think you should be constructive but as an outsider looking in the WOW factor is real.  This week I jumped back from computer screen watching Trinity warm up at half.  

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, tcjkbt said:

With defense like that, I would have no concerns with OL. Ballard has some D1 guys on defense and still rolled up 40 on them.

3 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Was he injured or just getting other QB reps?

The way I understood it, he just wanted to rest some guys because it was gonna be a physical game. Taking West out of the backfield and putting him at QB made me nervous, even though he had the experience. There were a few others that didn't dress this week as well. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Was he injured or just getting other QB reps?

QB and TE were in quarantine. That's what I thought it might be closer than expected. Beatty told the newspaper he told the kids next man up and they responded.

I don't think West had played QB since he was a freshman.

• Like 1

With West at QB, Trinity ended up being "undermanned" at both RB and QB.  I don't recall many, if any,  2-back sets.   If I'm not mistaken, West was in the running to be the starting QB before McElroy emerged a couple of years ago.

12 hours ago, theguru said:

I don't know if you watched any of it but Trinity looked like world beaters. 

Really wish we could have played the original schedule. I thoroughly enjoy beating out of state teams. This COVID protocol season is a bummer but it is what it is. At least there are games.  

• Like 1