Boone County at Highlands Predictions/Updates

El Diablo

Boone County at Highlands  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this one?

• Boone County
    • Highlands

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/09/2020 at 10:25 PM

The "Owen Hauck Bowl" is set to kick off in Fort Thomas Friday at  7pm.  This matchup between two classic Northern Kentucky programs is a district game.  Highlands (2-2) is coming off their most inspired win of the year having beaten Conner 36-0. Boone County (1-3) is coming off a loss to Cov Cath 45-7.  Last year Highlands won this matchup 49-0.  Calpreps predicts this game being a Highlands victory 44-0.

image.thumb.png.7e5f851bbade3de8db9913a2595446dc.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• theguru changed the title to Boone County at Highlands Predictions/Updates
1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Is this series officially called the Owen Hauck Bowl? If it's not...it sure should be.

Ha, it is now, at least in my book. I feel like Coach Hauck had a big enough influence on these two programs to deserve that right?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Is this series officially called the Owen Hauck Bowl? If it's not...it sure should be.

Just now, El Diablo said:

Ha, it is now, at least in my book. I feel like Coach Hauck had a big enough influence on these two programs to deserve that right?

I third the motion, we could call it the Father Time Bowl. 

• Like 1

I certainly expect Highlands to win, but more importantly, I want to see how they win. Can they carry over the energy and focus from the Conner game and roll from the opening kickoff, or will they return to the form they displayed before last week? Either way, the Birds should win, and win handily, but I want to see which Highlands shows up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Neither team should be allowed to pass more than 3 times in a half and only 5 passes total in the game. That would truly be an Owen Hauck Bowl.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

26 minutes ago, colonel-fan said:

Neither team should be allowed to pass more than 3 times in a half and only 5 passes total in the game. That would truly be an Owen Hauck Bowl.

Also I would suggest no water for either team. Just have a bucket of salt tablets.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, DevilMayCare said:

I certainly expect Highlands to win, but more importantly, I want to see how they win. Can they carry over the energy and focus from the Conner game and roll from the opening kickoff, or will they return to the form they displayed before last week? Either way, the Birds should win, and win handily, but I want to see which Highlands shows up.

I think Highlands will overwhelm the Rebels in short order. 

9 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

If as many have proclaimed “ that Highlands is back”, they should win this game handily.  I too am interested to see if they play with energy and intensity like was displayed last week.

Highlands isn't back, not even close, but Boone is rebuilding. 

10 minutes ago, theguru said:

I think Highlands will overwhelm the Rebels in short order. 

Not to sidetrack the conversation from Highlands/Boone, but it would be a big boost to the interest level of the CovCath game if Highlands had a full head of steam going in, so I'm hoping they look good tomorrow night. Nothing against Boone County. I'm sure they'll do everything in their power to prevent that head of steam, I just don't think it'll be nearly enough.

1 minute ago, DevilMayCare said:

Not to sidetrack the conversation from Highlands/Boone, but it would be a big boost to the interest level of the CovCath game if Highlands had a full head of steam going in, so I'm hoping they look good tomorrow night. Nothing against Boone County. I'm sure they'll do everything in their power to prevent that head of steam, I just don't think it'll be nearly enough.

If Highlands plays like they did against Conner I think they will steamroll the Rebels and maybe, just maybe, give CCH a game. 

• Like 2

Just some series history...Highlands first played Boone County in 1956 and is 39-3 all time against the Rebels.  Boone County won in 1976, 1977, & 1979.  The two schools did not play from 1985-2000.  The series resumed in 2001.

• Thanks 2